Friday, August 11, 2017

P.S. I Like You by Kasie West - Book Review

P.S. I Like You Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing P.S. I Like You by Kasie West.  On BlogLovin', I had seen on Elizabeth's blog, Betwixt-the-Pages, talking about some of the book deals that were going on during the month of July.  This book had caught my eye because I had seen several people last year talk about P.S. I Like You, back when I just started book blogging.

Now, because I was so new to the book blogging world, I was standing back and trying to figure everything out before I jumped in on reviewing some of the more popular books, while I reviewed the books that I had just read or previously read before starting my blog.  Since this book was on sale, I decided to download a sample of the book just to see if it would pique my interests.  Turns out not only did I have to get the book, but I found it hysterical that the first Kasie West book that I bought takes place in Arizona.  In a way, I guess it was a win-win situation that I was able to get the book when I did.

About the Book:
Title: P.S. I Like You
Author: Kasie West
Release Date: July 26, 2016
Genre: Romance
Pages: 341

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Signed, sealed, delivered...

While spacing out in Chemistry class, Lily scribbles some of her favorite song lyrics onto her desk. The next day, she finds that someone has continued the lyrics on the desk, and added a message to her. Intrigue!

Soon, Lily and her anonymous pen pal are exchanging full-on letters -- sharing secrets, recommending bands, and opening up to each other. Lily realizes she's kind of falling for this letter writer. Only who is he? As Lily attempts to unravel the mystery, and juggle school, friends, crushes, and her crazy family, she discovers that matters of the heart can't always be spelled out...

My Thoughts:
After reading a sample of this story, I was hooked instantly and I knew had to get this book.  I know that I addressed this in my intro, but I loved that the first Kasie West book that I read took place in my home state of Arizona.  Because I live in Arizona, I automatically knew the surroundings and it was very easy to imagine.  One thing I wish the author had included though was a general location of where the story took place, besides only mentioning the state.  I think it would have been nice to know a general location of a town or city, since Arizona isn't just a desert depending on where you live.  It could have taken place in Phoenix, Mesa, Gilbert, or anywhere, but that's just a personal preference.

Lily is a very smart, funny, shy, and kind of an awkward girl.  She loves listening, playing, and writing music, which is how her relationship with her mysterious pen-pal blossoms.  I liked that she was able to be herself in those letters and be opening with her pen pal and vise-versa.  I think she's very relatable when it comes to being shy.  The side comments that she makes in the story were the best and really funny.  It's those little jokes that I always find funny.  Now, Cade... He's probably one of the hardest character's to describe because there are so many emotions when it comes to him.  He's portrayed as a jerk that Lily despises beyond belief.  On top of that he gave Lily a nickname, Magnet, which made Cade public enemy number one.

I loved the mysterious pen pal that Lily had, in chemistry class out of all things.  She wrote notes to a mysterious person, going from knowing nothing about her pen pal, a complete stranger, to knowing everything about him.  You know everything about them: their personal life, personality, almost everything except one thing, their name and who they really are.  I liked that this story had this mysterious side.  Writing and telling someone whose supposedly a stranger your entire life and secrets, sharing music, and being extremely open with each other, as if they've known each other their entire lives.  I liked how Lily made a list of people who she thought she was writing too, based off little things that she knew about them when in reality it turned out to be the one person she least expected.  If you like sweet contemporary romances stories about mysterious pen pals and falling in love, then I definitely suggest you read this book.

If you're interested in checking out her pages, the links are down below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you guys so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment