Friday, August 4, 2017

Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy - Book Review

Flight Book Cover
How’s it going everyone!  Today, I’ll be reviewing Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy.  I found this book back in July of 2015.  Yes, I read this one a really long time ago, which was before my blog was ever created.  This was another book that I debated reviewing on my blog because it's a mix of Mature Young Adult and New Adult.  My main focus for this blog is Young Adult books and after months of debating, I decided that I loved this book way too much not to review it.  This book was during my romance reading phase.  Let's jump right in!

About the Book:
Title: Flight
Author: Alyssa Rose Ivy
Release Date: August 15, 2012
Series: The Crescent Chronicles #1
Genre: Paranormal
Pages: 263
Age: YAM (Mature Young Adult Audience)/New Adult

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Sometimes you just have to take flight.

A summer in New Orleans is exactly what Allie needs before starting college.  Accepting her dad’s invitation to work at his hotel offers an escape from her ex-boyfriend and the chance to spend the summer with her best friend. Meeting a guy is the last thing on her mind—until she sees Levi.

Unable to resist the infuriating yet alluring Levi, Allie finds herself at the center of a supernatural society and forced to decide between following the path she has always trusted or saving a city that might just save her.

My Thoughts:
I loved this story.  When Allie meets Levi, he was one of the biggest jerks when it comes to first impressions.  Of course, his bad boy persona was able to make Allie fall for him, but she still tried to deny that she had feelings for him throughout the story.  I love that they had a love-hate relationship instead of an insta-love relationship, I think it gave the book more character.  The setting for this story was amazing.  I think the author did really well.  I liked that this story took place in New Orleans, Louisiana because it made me think of all of the supernatural creatures that could live in New Orleans.  It was a different setting than some of the books that I've read, which was a good change.  The character interactions and dialogue in this story all seemed very natural, as if you were actually having a real life conversation.

Allie was a very smart, strong willed girl and I liked that when she set her mind to something, she was going to follow through.  Especially when it came to wanting to beat Levi to a pulp after what he had done to her, which I won't spoil, I promise.  I feel like on the outside, Levi tries to act like this big macho kind of guy, but on the inside and when you get to know him, he kind of made me swoon a little since he really cares about Allie.  That is, until his selfish side takes over ðŸ˜’.  I loved Levi's friends, Jared and Owen, and Levi's sister, Hailey.  Hailey was a great friend to Allie throughout the entire story and was always understanding when it came to Allie and Levi's relationship.  Jared and Owen were great friends to Levi and Allie too.  Jared was a goofball, making jokes at the worst moments, but it was timed so perfectly I would burst out laughing during those scenes and when needed, he could be serious.  The Pterons in the story were really intriguing.  They were different than the normal vampire and werewolf stories that I've seen in the past, so having a new kind of paranormal creature was refreshing.  Flight was an action packed story filled with excitement, romance, and supernatural business and royalty that kept me engaged until the very end.  I definitely suggest reading this book if you're into paranormal romance.

If you guys are interested in checking out Alyssa's pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you all so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment