Friday, July 28, 2017

The Chosen Knights by Mary Ting - Book Review

The Chosen Knights Book Cover
How’s it going everyone! Today, I’ll be reviewing The Chosen Knights by Mary Ting.  Back in June, I was searching Amazon's top 100 list in search of new authors and stories to read.  Because I had seen all the books that I could see on iBooks, I decided to go check out Amazon, which gave me a little bit of a wider variety of books to choose from.  The idea of this story really intrigued me and as soon as I started reading it, I couldn't put it down.

About the Book:
Title: The Chosen Knights
Author: Mary Ting
Release Date: March 19, 2016
Series: Secret Knights #1
Genre: Paranormal/Urban Fantasy
Pages: 330

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
When teens go missing in Hawaii, a group of demon-hunters—half human and half angel—disguised as high school students, must leave Crossroads, the place where they reside. In a race against time, they uncover the mystery connecting the missing teens, which dates back to the era of the Knights Templar. However, when they discover one of the Templars passed down a book containing all the secrets and codes to finding a particular treasure, they soon realize this forbidden treasure needs to be found before Cyrus, the lord of the possessor demons, acquires it—a treasure which been safeguarded and hidden from him.

There is only one problem: the pages containing the clues leading to the treasure is missing. When the first page is found, Cyrus threatens to kill more descendants of the Knights Templar if it is not given to him by Friday the thirteenth. In the midst of threats and discovery, the demon-hunting angels find they are not alone when supernatural beings begin to reveal themselves. Can they put their differences aside and work together to solve the Knights Templars’ cipher? As they astral travel to the past, they witness a lot more than they have bargained for. And some things are better left unseen.

My Thoughts:
I adored this book so much!  One thing that automatically drew me in was the character's personalities.  They were amazing and the story was very easy to get absorbed into.  One character that I thought was hysterical was Lucia and Zac's Uncle Davin.  He needed to choose a last name for all of them so they could attend school and pretend to be "normal" humans and the name he chose made me laugh.  Davin is like a little kid in an adult's body, but serious when he needed to be and is very protective of Lucia and Zac, as if they were his own kids.  Lucia is a very strong, likable, and an extremely loyal girl.  She was very dedicated to her mission and tried her hardest to protect everyone.  Zac was a very laid back character and I think it was nice that he and Lucia got along.  I was glad that they got along so well and that they could be close, not only being brother and sister, but being twins.  Being a twin (since I have a twin sister), people always find it surprising that we like each other and we can get along, so I was super happy that they were as close as they were and that they could depend on each other.  Eli was a kind of different, sometimes he had a very stand off-ish personality, while other times he was very open with Lucia and acted head-over-heals for her, acting as a knight in dented armor, which I thought was super sweet.

I loved the world this story took place, it was written very well, and I especially loved that Eli had the ability to time-travel.  It gave the story the ability to shift from the current timeline and travel back to witness the past, without changing it in any drastic way.  In addition, I learned a little bit about the last Grand Master of the Knights Templar, Jacques De Molay, which reminded me of the Assassins Creed games.  Jack, who was a descendent of Jacques, was a sweet guy and I loved his character in the story.  He was a little dorky, but a super sweet character nonetheless and I liked that about him.  If you like paranormal romance/urban fantasy stories, then I think you will love, The Chosen Knight.

If you're interested in checking out Mary's pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you guys so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment