Friday, March 9, 2018

Senior Week Crush by Maggie Dallen - Book Review

Senior Week Crush Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing Senior Week Crush by Maggie Dallen. I found this book on Amazon in the Top 100 Romance section back in late December. This book had just been published a couple of days earlier when I purchased it and the description of the story really interested me. When I got this book, I did notice that it was the second book in a series, but luckily for me, these books can be read as a standalone. Anyways, let's jump right in with my review.

About the Book:
Title: Senior Week Crush
Author: Maggie Dallen
Release Date: December 18, 2017
Series: Summer Love #2
Genre: Contemporary

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐

Summary:
Layla James has been waiting her entire life for a chance to get close to her crush, Dylan. Now that moment has arrived. Dylan is finally single, and he's started to notice her existence. He even asked if she was going to Senior Week, the last hoorah at the beach before graduation day. Of course, she's going, this was destiny calling. The only problem? She doesn't have a ride.

Unfortunately, her irritating and smug arch nemesis, Jack Abrams, has the solution. He'll give her the ride she needs... on one condition. If Layla agrees to sing for his band, she'll have her dream vacation with her lifelong crush. But once she's on the road with Jack, nothing goes according to plan. Her first kiss is with the wrong guy, she starts to suspect that her lifelong crush doesn't even know her name, and the guy she's sure she hates turns out to be kind of amazing.

One thing is clear, destiny is not nearly as predictable as one might hope.

My Thoughts:
I loved reading this book. This story first starts out with Layla wanting to get close to her crush, Dylan. And in her moment of awe of Dylan talking to her. She tells him that she was going to Senior Week, which is a last hurrah for senior students. Sadly, in order for her to go, she has to get a ride from someone. And the only willing participant to give her a ride is Jack, the last person she would ever want a ride from.

I liked Layla a lot, there were a few times when she was thinking of Dylan that it was slightly creepy. She was so convinced that they were soulmates, but she was just a girl in love who was so swept up in fate and destiny that she didn't know what she had right in front of her. She's talented, smart, stubborn and shy, when it comes to showcasing her talent. I also really liked Jack. He's talented, sometimes a jerk in Layla's eyes, and a really sweet guy, once Layla actually lowered her guard around him. They had a sweet relationship and I love the adventure that they had together during their travels.

One thing that I felt throughout a majority of the story was I felt bad for Layla. Her crush didn't actually know who she was! To Dylan, she was just some random girl whose name he would always forget, which should have been a big hint to Layla to move on. Dylan wasn't even worth her time, but because of her stubbornness and her persistent ways, it wasn’t until she realized the truth for herself before she could move on.  This was a sweet summer romance story that I couldn't put down, I enjoyed every minute reading this story. I definitely suggest reading this story.

If you're interested in checking out Maggie's pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you all so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment