Friday, March 23, 2018

Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller - Book Review

Daughter of the Pirate King Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller. This was a book that I had seen advertised on October 1, 2016, during Brittany's Book Rambles #BBTC chat and it was on my TBR for the longest while. In early February, I saw that the ebook was on sale and automatically snatched it up. After reading a sample of the chapter from someone’s blog before the book was published, I knew I would love this book without a doubt.

About the Book:
Title: Daughter of the Pirate King
Author: Tricia Levenseller
Release Date: February 28, 2017
Series: Daughter of the Pirate King #1
Genre: Action & Adventure
Pages: 320

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
There will be plenty of time for me to beat him soundly once I've gotten what I came for.

Sent on a mission to retrieve an ancient hidden map―the key to a legendary treasure trove―seventeen-year-old pirate captain Alosa deliberately allows herself to be captured by her enemies, giving her the perfect opportunity to search their ship.

More than a match for the ruthless pirate crew, Alosa has only one thing standing between her and the map: her captor, the unexpectedly clever and unfairly attractive first mate Riden. But not to worry, for Alosa has a few tricks up her sleeve, and no lone pirate can stop the Daughter of the Pirate King.

My Thoughts:
This was such an amazing book, I couldn’t put it down! I was so absorbed in the storyline, the writing was incredible, the characters were perfectly, and so much more. I really liked that the characters in this story, they had a certain wit and sass that they could throw at each other easy and let’s be honest, they are not a pirate if they don’t insult each other whenever possible.  I really liked Alosa. She is a very smart, clever, and confident girl who easily infiltrates Night Farer as she searches for the ancient map piece for her father. I also like how she was able to easily manipulate the crew on the ship without any of them getting suspicious, besides one. Another character I really liked was Riden. There was more to Riden than meets the eye. His character was charming and really like-able, but he was also deceiving in ways that I almost didn’t notice. There were times when I wanted Alosa to trust him, until she realized his ulterior motives, which was to get information out of her. I loved the adventure this story had, it was very entertaining, and I never knew what was going to happen next, which kept me guessing and wanting to know more. When the story ended, I was sad that the first book was over.  I need to get my hands on the second book! Overall, if you like action, adventure, romance, I definitely suggest reading this story.  You won’t regret it.

If you're interested in checking out Tricia's pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you all so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment