Sunday, February 25, 2018

Happy 2nd Blogiversary to The Little Book Spy


How's it going everyone!  I hope you're all having an amazing day!  Today my blog, The Little Book Spy, is two years old!  I still can't believe it's been two years since I started this blog!  I'm still in complete awe that two years have just flown by.  Because of that, today I wanted to reflect and kind of update everyone on my blog and talk about some things.  I know it's probably not that interesting of a post because it might be similar to something I wrote last year, but I like writing these kinds of post.  It's kind of a reflection of growth and how I want to improve here.  So, I hope you all enjoy!

Now, the past couple of months I've been scarcely posting on my blog, which I'm sad about but I have a really good reason as to why.  If you've read my About Me page, you all may or may not know that I say I take school very seriously and like several others, I'm in college.  Currently, Jordan and I are on our second semester of our first year of college and there is only one thing that I can say about college.  It's hectic, crazy, and exhausting because I have little or no time to do what I want!  In addition, it’s stressful and something new because I am deciding what I want to do for the rest of my life, besides try to publish my books on the side.  Reading and writing has been put on the back burner unless I can figure out how to squeeze it in every once in a while.  I started writing this post in January, the first weekend of February, and as I continue to write and edit this, it’s the middle/almost the end of February.  This is what 5 classes does to a person who has little to no spare time.  But I’m trying to make time.  Luckily by the time it hits spring break, March 12-16, one class will be done and over with, which might give me more free time (hopefully, I’m praying that I do because this is absolute torture having to do homework every day without taking a day to relax and if I do take a break its one day out of the entire week, like Sunday).

One thing that some of you might have noticed was my blogs new look.  Originally, I had used a simple white theme, but I upgraded it on Jan 13th, to the pink watermark slide.  I edited and changed it to the way I wanted it to look.  Personally, I wish I would have used this theme sooner because it makes my blog look so much prettier and it doesn’t look too plain or boring.  I’ll probably continue to use this theme for a long time.  Also, I decided to put in my own 2018 Reading Goal on my blog.  I don’t have a Goodreads and I really don’t want to get one because I have so many accounts, it’s not worth it.  Anyways, I want to try to read 30 books before 2018 is over, and if I make that goal, with the books that are currently on my TBR list, I’ll try to bump it up to 50, just to see how many I can read.  Normally, I don’t count how many books I read within a year, but I’m willing to try it because I’m curious.  So maybe this year I'll be able to see how many I can read within the year.

Anyways, onto more bookish stuff.  I want to read more popular books that people have talked about over the last year to 2 years since I joined the book community on Twitter.  Since I’m starting to dwindle down on my built up TBR list of books that I’ve found, I’m looking to reading some of the more talked about books that I have marked on my list.  I think it’ll be fun to explore new and different kinds of books and read books by different authors.  I’ve been lucky enough to catch a few sales of some eBooks like, Daughter of the Pirate King, Lucky in Love, and Catching Jordan.  Hopefully when I have time, I’ll be able to read and review all of these books, along with a few other books that I've been meaning to write a review for.

That’s it for my update everyone.  Thank you all so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed this little blogiversary update!  I appreciate everyone that has come here to either read my reviews or just to check out my page.  This has been something that I’ve really enjoyed writing and creating.  Thank you all again and until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment