Friday, February 16, 2018

All Laced Up by Erin Fletcher - Book Review

All Laced Up Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing All Laced Up by Erin Fletcher.  I'd seen this book about two years ago now, back in 2016, when a fellow blogger had reviewed the book on their blog.  I did try to look for the review, but for some reason I can't remember who posted it.  Anyways, after I started to get out of my reading slump, I wanted to read a sweet teen romance and when I started scrolling through my TBR list in iBooks, I started reading a sample of this book and soon bought it immediately afterwards back in late November and I'm so glad I bought this book.

About the Book:
Title: All Laced Up
Author: Erin Fletcher
Release Date: October 10, 2016
Genre: Romance
Pages: 210

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Everyone loves hockey superstar Pierce Miller. Everyone except Lia Bailey.

When the two are forced to teach a skating class to save the rink, Lia's not sure she'll survive the pressure of Nationals and Pierce's ego. Not only can't he remember her name, he signed her bottle of water like she was one of his groupies. Ugh.

But if there's one thing Lia knows better than figure skating, it's hockey. Hoping to take his ego down a notch--or seven--she logs into his team website under an anonymous name to give him pointers on his less-than-stellar playing.

Turns out, Pierce isn't arrogant at all. And they have a lot in common. Too bad he's falling for the anonymous girl online. No matter how much fun they're starting to have in real life, she's afraid he's going to choose fake-Lia over the real one...

My Thoughts:

I loved reading this book.  It was a sweet contemporary romance story that automatically drew me in.  In the story, you're reading from two different perspectives, Lia and Pierce.  Lia was a great character, she's smart, kind, and a talented figure skater.  One thing that I noticed immediately was how Lia didn’t like Pierce because he kind of acts like a 'celebrity' in the small town that they live in.  With the whole water bottle incident, I can see why Lia believed he had a huge ego, I mean who wouldn’t?  Pierce, in my opinion, was a down to earth kind of guy once you got to know his character, but he became easily distracted and all caught up when it came to things that were going on in his life.  Sometimes he would get so absorbed with hockey, that’s all he could think about, especially this season since he wasn’t doing so good.  When the two are paired together to teach a group of children how to skate, you could feel the tension that Lia had against Pierce.  It wasn’t until they both started to let their guards down that they actually enjoyed spending time together when they started to get to know each other.  I liked how their relationship started through the NTDP website because Lia wanted to tell Pierce what he did wrong during the one the team’s games and their comments grew into something more.  I feel like if I were to say anything else about the story, I would be spoiling it, so if you like sweet teen romance stories.  I definitely suggest reading this book.

If you're interested the links are below with places you can get the book.


Thank you all so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment