Friday, January 19, 2018

The Heartbreakers by Ali Novak - Book Review

The Heartbreakers Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing The Heartbreakers by Ali Novak.  When I was on iBooks on back in early December, I came across this title on sale.  I had wanted to read this one for a while after seeing it multiple times.  I loved reading contemporary stories so this was just the book I needed to help complete my quest for another great contemporary story to read.  I've been in a contemporary mood for so long, all I've wanted to read recently are cute stories, just like this one.  Anyways let's jump right in with my review!

About the Book:
Title: The Heartbreakers
Author: Ali Novak
Release Date: August 4, 2015
Series: The Heartbreak Chronicles #1
Genre: Romance
Pages: 338
Age: Age 16 & up

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
"When I met Oliver Perry, I had no clue he was the lead singer for The Heartbreakers. And he had no idea that I was the only girl in the world who hated his music."

Stella will do anything for her sick sister, Cara-even stand in line for an autographed Heartbreakers CD...for four hours. She's totally winning best birthday gift this year. At least she met a cute boy with soft brown hair and gorgeous blue eyes while getting her caffeine fix. Too bad she'll never see him again.

Except, Stella's life has suddenly turned into a cheesy love song. Because Starbucks Boy is Oliver Perry – lead singer for the Heartbreakers. And even after she calls his music crap, Oliver still gives Stella his phone number. And whispers quotes from her favorite Disney movie in her ear. OMG, what is her life?

But how can Stella even think about being with Oliver – dating and laughing and pulling pranks with the band – when her sister could be dying of cancer?

My Thoughts:
This was an amazing story and I loved every second of this book.  Stella is an amazing character and an amazing twin sister.  She’s kind, considerate, and always thinking of Cara because of what she’s going through in her life compared to her own life.  I liked that Stella, Cara, and their brother Drew were all triplets.  They’re all extremely close with each other and that was something that I like siblings to have.  When Drew and Stella decided to go to Chicago to get Cara some merchandise signed for their birthday present to her, I thought it was so sweet and funny that they have a competition on who can give each other a better gift.  Oliver is such a nice guy, he's charming, and slightly devious when it comes to pranking not only his bandmates but Stella and Drew too.  I love that he can be carefree, but also honest with Stella in ways that not many people knew about him in his personal life.

The relationship that Oliver and Stella had was funny, they first meet in a coffee shop, but when she discovers who he is at their signing and tells him, and the rest of the band, that she doesn’t like their music, imagining the shock on the boys' faces was hysterical.  At one point, I felt teary-eyed when something had happened with Cara and even though everything was okay in the end, I could understand why Stella was so upset when it comes to her sister.  Overall, this was such an amazing story!  I feel like if I say anything else about it, I would be giving away so many spoilers.  I definitely suggest reading this story, you won’t be disappointed.

If you're interested in checking out Ali's pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you all so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment