Friday, January 12, 2018

When It's Real by Erin Watt - Book Review

When It's Real Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. I know it's late into the month of January, but Happy New Year's to all of you.  Today, I’ll be reviewing When It's Real by Erin Watt.  This was my first book that I finished reading in 2018.  I got this book on New Year's Eve when it was on sale for a really good price.  I did have to search for the description of the story because it just mentioned it's release date only when I purchased it from iBooks, so I had to go to Amazon to search for it before I bought the book, but after reading the description, I was super interested in the story.

About the Book:
Title: When It's Real
Author: Erin Watt
Release Date: May 30, 2017
Genre: Romance
Pages: 416

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Under ordinary circumstances, Oakley Ford and Vaughn Bennett would never even cross paths.

There's nothing ordinary about Oakley. This bad-boy pop star's got Grammy Awards, millions of fangirls and a reputation as a restless, too-charming troublemaker. But with his home life disintegrating, his music well suddenly running dry and the tabloids having a field day over his outrageous exploits, Oakley needs to show the world he's settling down—and who better to help him than Vaughn, a part-time waitress trying to help her family get by? The very definition of ordinary.

Posing as his girlfriend, Vaughn will overhaul Oakley's image from troublemaker to serious artist. In return for enough money to put her brothers through college, she can endure outlandish Hollywood parties and carefully orchestrated Twitter exchanges. She'll fool the paparazzi and the groupies. She might even start fooling herself a little.

Because when ordinary rules no longer apply, there's no telling what your heart will do…

My Thoughts:
There are no words for how much I loved reading this story.  It was such a roller coaster that was full of drama and chaos that I had to keep reading to find out what was going to happen next.  The story flips between the two main characters, Vaughn and Oakley.  Vaughn is a great character, she kind, supportive, and snarky when Oakley challenges her.  I loved how when she and Oakley first met, it was very tense because of his attitude towards her.  I liked how at first she was starstruck from getting to meet Oakley, but she wouldn't put up with him being rude to her, which is exactly what I like about these kinds of characters.  Oakley was a jerk in the beginning, not only because of his ego, but because he's always gotten what he's wanted in life because it was handed to him.  And for him to be taken seriously, he needed to grow and and change his attitude.  When Vaughn challenges him because she isn't constantly praising him because of who he is, its such a change for him that you can see how throughout the story he changes into becoming a better person because of her.

When Claudia and Jim were getting the contracts together for Vaughn and Oakley, since they were arranging a way to pay Vaughn for being Oakley's fake girlfriend and their terms, the way they were trying to create this facade of relationship and how and when things should happen was hysterical.  So much planning and strategizing over one small fake little relationship, it was funny and interesting to read.  I liked how even though their "plans" for their fake relationship didn't go according to the what Claudia wanted, it made it seem more real because they were able to spend time together and bond as if they were a real couple.

One thing that I want to mention is I consider this book as 18 and up because of certain situations and the cursing in this story, which makes me feel like this book is a New Adult/Mature Young Adult.  Now, my only question that I have left about this story is what happened to Claudia and Jim, after the chaos that they caused for Vaughn and Oakley at the end of the story, I'm super curious.  I think this is a great summer romance story.  I definitely suggest reading it.

If you're interested in checking out their pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you all so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment