Friday, September 23, 2016

Remembrance by Michelle Madow - Book Review

Remembrance Book Cover
How’s it going everyone!  Today, I’ll be reviewing Remembrance by Michelle Madow.  Like I had said in my November Rain review, I had followed a bunch of authors on twitter, some of them that I had followed were connect to other author’s pages, and I knew that I would be able to find some really good reads.  Anyways, her book was one of the first that I read when I was introduced to Twitter back on January 24 (Yes, I remember the exact day I got my twitter account for some strange reason).  I got this book on iBooks when it was previously available there, but it's no longer sold there.  I will give you guys some other links so you can go check out this book if you're interested.  Let's get started with my review!

About the Book:
Title: Remembrance
Author: Michelle Madow
Release Date: July 25, 2011
Series: The Transcend Time Saga #1
Genre: Romance
Pages: 368

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Lizzie Davenport has been reincarnated from 1815, England... but she doesn't know it until she meets her soul mate from the past and he triggers her memories to gradually return.

When Drew Carmichael moves to Lizzie's town, Lizzie feels a connection to him, like she knows him. But he wants nothing to do with her. She knows she should let go of her fascination with Drew, but that gets harder and harder as memories of her past life return. And the more Lizzie remembers, the more she's determined to unravel the mysteries of the past... no matter how deadly those secrets might be.

My Thoughts:
This story kind of reminded me of Romeo and Juliet because they had a tragic love story that had happened in their past life.  In their second chance at life, they have a chance to change history and not have their love cut short again by the unforeseen circumstances.  The characters were very well written and the little flashbacks that Lizzie had in the book were extremely vivid.  It felt like I was Lizzie, having those memories, seeing everything through her eyes when I was reading.  It gives you a déjà vu feeling when Lizzie has these visions of the past, which gave me as the reader a better understanding of who Lizzie is as a person.  On thing that noticed about Drew Carmichael was throughout the story he has a very hot and cold personality.  He can be nice, understanding, and protective of Lizzie one minute; then suddenly he takes a one-eighty attitude change, giving Lizzie the cold shoulder.  There were times when I didn't know what to think of Drew, but I think his intentions were based upon the cause and effect of the past.  He didn't want what happened in their past to happen again in their present.  When these two were on good terms, it gave you the feeling that they were always meant to be no matter the hardship they faced.  You should definitely check this one out.  It was very easy to get lost in Lizzie’s world, trying to figure out her past to understand her present.  In my opinion, theses are the best kinds of books to read.

If you’re interested in checking out Michelle’s pages, the links are below along with places you can get the Remembrance.


Thanks for reading everyone, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment