Friday, September 16, 2016

Mindspeak by Heather Sunseri - Book Review

Mindspeak Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing Mindspeak by Heather Sunseri.  I found this story in the free series starter, like many other book that I’ve reviewed here.  Now it took me a while to read this story because I found a couple of other books that I wanted to read and finish first.  And with all of the books that I had gotten on my book binge, I completely forgot about this one.  It wasn't until I went searching through my iBooks library when I realized that I never finished this one.  But I finally came back to this book and I’m really glad I finished it.

About the Book:
Title: Mindspeak
Author: Heather Sunseri
Release Date: February 2, 2013
Series: Mindspeak Series #1
Genre: Sci-Fi
Pages: 398

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
She was created for a purpose so revolutionary, someone was willing to kill for it.

Seventeen-year-old Lexi Matthews keeps two secrets from her elite boarding school classmates—she’s the daughter of a famous and controversial geneticist, and she can influence people’s thoughts.

But after new student Jack DeWeese heals her broken arm with an anything-but-simple touch, he forces Lexi to face a new reality—her abilities reach much further than speaking to the minds of others.

After Lexi’s father goes missing and she receives threatening emails, she can’t decide whether to fall into Jack’s arms or run and hide.

As Lexi seeks answers to what she and Jack are, she discovers a truth more unsettling than anything her science books can teach. And letting Jack into her life of secrets is not only a threat to her very existence, but it just might break her heart wide open.

My Thoughts:
In this story there were so many twists and turns that I didn’t know what to expect or what was going to happen.  There were times when you believed that one character in the books that Lexi trusted, to a certain extent, were innocent and good.  That is until you realized what their ulterior motives are and why they wanted her trust.

Another situation was Jack.  He was always doing mysterious things that made Lexi wonder why he kept all of these secrets.  On top of that, he openly admitted to liking her.  I understand why he kept his darker secrets at the end of the first book, but the suspense was torture and I had to know why.  By the end of the story, I was shocked plain and simple.  Halfway into the story, there was a character you meet and I was suspicious of them because of their persona.  Something about them didn’t seem right and when all the pieces of the puzzle clicked into place, I was saying, “I knew it!  I knew it!"  The storyline flowed really well and kept me engaged, and I did not want to put it down.  This book was amazing; you should definitely check it out if you like science fiction stories, I promise you won’t be disappointed.

If you’re interested in checking out Heather’s pages, the links are below along with places you can get the Mindspeak.
 
Thanks for reading everyone, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment