Wednesday, May 4, 2022

WWW Wednesday #8


I've read a lot of books since that last time I wrote a WWW Wednesday post and since it's been several weeks since the last bookish post I wrote, I thought it would be fun to write a new one and share my current reads, finished reads, and hopefully future reads! If you're unfamiliar, WWW Wednesday is a weekly bookish meme where you have to answer these three simple questions:

What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?

What Are You Currently Reading?

For my first book of May, I decided to start reading Six Crimson Cranes by Elizabeth Lim. I've seen a lot of people talk about this book since it was released last year and I finally purchased a hardcover copy so I can dive right in. I absolutely love Elizabeth's previous duology, Spin the Dawn & Unravel the Dusk. I'm barely 15% through at the moment and I cannot wait to see what happens next!

What Did You Recently Finish Reading?
 The Queen of Nothing Book Cover How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories Book Cover Crush Book Cover

My last week of April was full of books, especially backlisted books and completing already started series! Not only did I finally finish The Cruel Prince trilogy by finishing The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black , I also decided to pick up How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories since (1): I had an ebook copy and (2): I wanted to get ahead on my reading goal so I thought reading a small book would definitely help to boost that goal. The 3rd book I finished was Crush by Tracy Wolff. I started this book back in January and it took me way longer than it should have, but I finally finished it before the month was over!

What Do You Think You’ll Read Next?
  

So far, I've read 10 of 25 books for my 2022 reading goal. If I want to push it, then maybe I'll raise my goal to 30 books? However, that will all depends on how quickly I would like to try to finish my reading goal. The next few books that I would like to start next are: The Girl Who Fell Beneath the Sea by Axis Oh, The Prison Healer by Lynette Noni, and Covet by Tracy Wolff. This is completely up for debate because I don't know what I'd like to read next.

Since I've been watching a ton of k-dramas, I might start The Girl Who Fell Beneath the Sea first, then jump into The Prison Healer. I'm very afraid to start Covet because I've seen several different page numbers listed that average from 680 to 862 pages in total. It took me 4 months to read Crush and I have no idea how long it'll take me to read Covet so here’s to hoping I can start one of these books very soon!

Thank you all so much for reading! What are you currently reading? Did you finish a new book recently, if so what was it or what book are you looking forward to reading next? Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment