Friday, May 20, 2022

Monthly Wrap-Up – April 2022


We're four months into 2022 and April was definitely one of my busiest month yet! Even though I'm close to halfway to my reading goal, I'm so proud of my reading progress for this month! I was able to get through so many books. In addition, I fell down the K-Drama rabbit hole, as per usual, so I ended up watching those in addition to playing some games live on Twitch with my twin sister, Jordan. So, here's my April Monthly Wrap-Up!

Books I've Finished
 The Lost Sisters Book Cover The Queen of Nothing Book Cover
How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories Book Cover Crush Book Cover
  1. Luminous by Mara Rutherford (4 Stars ⭐)
  2. The Lost Sisters by Holly Black (4 Stars ⭐)
  3. The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black (4 Stars ⭐)
  4. How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories by Holly Black (5 Stars ⭐)
  5. Crush by Tracy Wolff (4 Stars ⭐)
April was the most successful reading month that I've had in a while! Even if two of the five books were novellas/short stories. I'm gonna take what I can get and of course every book counts! The first book I finished was Luminous, I was super close to finishing it in March, but I took my time and decided to enjoy this cute story, which led to me finishing it in April. I absolutely loved it. Then, after starting The Folk of the Air trilogy back in 2019, I finally decided to go back and finish this trilogy. I added the novellas/short stories into my list and read them in chronological order because why not! And finally, just for the heck of it, I pushed my way through the last 30-40% of Crush by Tracy Wolff. I'm so happy that I finally finished the biggest book on my TBR, but I still have the remaining two books currently released books in the series to read... I might pick up Covet just to get it started and slowly progress through it like I did for Crush. However, the number of pages listed for the ebook and hardcover are different and I'm terrified to start it!

TV Shows I've Watched
  
  1. Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung (K-Drama)
  2. Business Proposal (K-Drama)
  3. The King Loves (K-Drama)
This month I continued my k-drama binge! For most of April, I tried to finish watching Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, but I got so bored with the storyline and the constant circles the show went it that I quit 18 episodes in. Then I watched my most anticipated show Business Proposal and I absolutely love it! It was so cute and funny. I got the suggestion to watch it because of the lead actor in the show was from Abyss and since I really enjoyed that show, I knew this one was going to be super cute. It reminded me of What's Wrong with Secretary Kim and My Secret Romance, which were both shows I loved. I started to watch the historical k-drama The King Loves, but I'm not going to continue after 9 episodes, I just couldn't get into it sadly even thought I do love the cast.

Games I've Played
      
   
 
  1. Nancy Drew: The Creature of Kapu Cave (Streamed on Twitch @DJTwinGamers)
  2. Dead by Daylight (w/Jordan)
  3. Stardew Valley (w/ Jordan)
  4. The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
  5. Sherlock Holmes Chapter One
  6. Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  7. Zork: The Grand Inquisitor
  8. Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships (Streamed on Twitch @DJTwinGamers)
  9. Syberia II (Streamed on Twitch @DJTwinGamers)
  10. Nancy Drew: Danger by Design (Streamed on Twitch @DJTwinGamers)
  11. Black Mirror I (Streamed on Twitch @DJTwinGamers)
There were so many games that I played this month! Several of the games that I played were streamed on Twitch with my twin sister, Jordan. Most of the games we played are labeled above. Also, to make this more brief and no so overly wordy, most of the games I play are with Jordan in our own spare time, with the exception of The Sims 2 (which is my own nightmare of a creation).

Blog Posts
Other Posts:
  1. Can't Wait Wednesday #28 – These Twisted Bonds by Lexi Ryan
Sadly, I didn't get the chance to write many blogposts, but my time has definitely been full. I do have some book reviews lined up and some misc. bookish posts that I would to publish before May is over. Now, all I have to do, is actually write them since I've been terrible at managing my book blog over the last year. I hope to have some of my book reviews from 2021 uploaded, but who knows if I'll be able to collect my thoughts on these amazing books.

Thank you all so much for reading! What did you do last month? Did you read any good books, watch any fun shows, or play any good games? Let's chat! Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment