Sunday, August 1, 2021

Monthly Wrap-Up – July 2021


Happy August everyone! It's been a while since I've been able to post again. Life has definitely busy for me and I have let my blog and reading slack completely. I'm hoping to change that come the new month, but I'm not going to hold my breath because there is only so much I can do in a short amount of time since my days seem to be getting shorter and shorter. Anyways, let's jump into my July wrap-up!

Reading Update
Over the last month, I have been dealing with a nasty reading slump. It's not as bad as last year's, but it was getting close. Life has been very busy and at time chaotic, I decided to not put any pressure on myself to read. With that being said, I did not intend this reading slump to last this long again (however I should have expected it since I'm somewhat repeating what happened last year). So I've decided to lower my reading goal from 30 books down to 20 books. With this new reading goal, I'm halfway through my reading goal with currently 10 books read, I'm hoping that with my lowered goal I can get back into the swing of reading since I decreased the pressure I felt to try to achieve a higher number than I knew I could achieve.

Books I'm Currently Reading
Caraval Book Cover
  1. Caraval by Stephanie Garber (70%)
I really wanted to finish Caraval this month, however, I have been way busier than I believed and my reading slump decided to linger longer than I wanted. At the moment, I'm about 70% through and I was so close to finishing! I wish my reading slump didn't wait until the last 2-3 days before July was over before it decided to give me a break, but I guess that means I'll have more books finished in August, hopefully. I also need to spend more time reading than playing games so I can get through my towering TBR pile! Those pre-orders are definitely piling up now...

Book Haul
  
  1. These Hollow Vows by Lexi Ryan
  2. Gods & Monsters by Shelby Mahurin
  3. Small Favors by Erin A. Craig (Barnes & Noble Exclusive Edition)
Last month, I got a few books that I'm so excited to read! I cannot wait to read them all! For the first book, These Hollow Vows, I've had this on my wishlist in preparation for it's release and I decided to get it because this book sounded right up my alley. I loved the ACOTAR books and the description of the story alone intrigued me. Next, I have my most anticipated book, the conclusion for the Serpent & Dove trilogy, Gods & Monsters! The ending for Blood & Honey was agonizing because I read it right after it was released, I cannot wait to see how it all ends. I'm equally excited as I am terrified. Last, but not least, I also got Small Favors, the Barnes and Noble exclusive edition! I feel like I'm buying more and more special edition books recently and I loved the idea of a goldenrod case with black foil for the book! I love collecting unique books that are different than the large mass print when I can, it makes my shelf look so pretty. I cannot wait to dive into all of these new releases.

TV Shows I've Watched
    
  1. Start-Up (K-Drama)
  2. Big Brother (Season 23 & Live Feeds)
  3. Because This Is My First Life (K-Drama)
  4. The Witcher
I've not had much interest in watching a ton of TV recently, besides the weekly Big Brother episodes I watch every year in addition to live feeds. I was able to finish up the k-drama Start-Up and I'm close to finishing Because This Is My First Life. As of recently, my family and I started watching the The Witcher. We're only two episodes in so far and its really good.

Games I Played
      
   
  1. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan (w/ Friends)
  2. Detroit: Become Human
  3. Assassins Creed Valhalla
  4. The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
  5. Nancy Drew: Treasure in the Royal Tower (Streamed on Twitch @DJTwinGamers)
  6. Dead by Daylight (w/ Jordan)
  7. Nancy Drew: The Phantom of Venice (Nancy Drew Battle Challenged w/ Friends!)
  8. The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (w/ Jordan)
  9. Assassin's Creed Odyssey (w/ Raenna)
And throughout the whole month I was able to play so many different games since college is completely finished and I can relax for the rest of my summer break. Besides continuing to play Man of Medan for the awards, I started my replay of Detroit Become Human, I play more Assassins Creed games, Jordan and I streamed one Nancy Drew game on Twitch (and hopefully there are more to come!), then continued our Nancy Drew Battle Challenge by playing The Phantom of Venice. Jordan and I also continued our Sherlock Holmes play through with The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, and a few rounds of Dead by Daylight, some rounds were for fun while others were for some Steam achievements. I also got to play around with the new killer from the Resident Evil Chapter DLC that I won in a giveaway from one of my favorite video game streamers, GarukuBluemoon.

Thank you all so much for reading! What did you do last month? Anything fun and exciting? Let's discuss! Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment