Thursday, July 1, 2021

Monthly Wrap-Up – June 2021


It's finally July! And with that we're already past the halfway point through the year! It's been a little bit since I've been able to post, mostly because of school. Now, I'm completely done and graduated! I want to come back to blogging in full force, however, I've come to the realization that much prefer to post when I feel like it instead of having a strict schedule like I had before. Its so much more freeing to post when I want to than to force myself to publish something when I have the energy to write instead of forcing myself to write. Anyways, let's jump right in with my June Monthly Wrap-Up!

Books I Finished
Namesake Book Cover
  1. Namesake by Adrienne Young (5 Stars ⭐)
Last month, I was able to read one book, Namesake by Adrienne Young, and I absolutely loved it. I didn't read as much as I would have liked too, but my classes ended the last full week of June, so I'm giving myself a pass. I'm hoping the months to follow allow me to increase the number of books I've read since I have a ton more time now. I'm also hoping to catch up on all of my backlogged book reviews soon. It's been too long since I've been able to sit down and write reviews, I'm hoping that I can get through and finish last year's reviews so I can start writing my newer reviews soon!

TV Shows I've Watched
 
  1. Run On (K-Drama)
  2. Start-Up (K-Drama)
I was able to watch two k-dramas this month, which were both on Netflix. The first one I continued to watch last month was Run On. It was a cute show, however, I think it could have been better. Since this show had to stop production multiple times because of 2020 being a very chaotic year, I can understand why it ended up that way. The second show I finished this month was Start-Up, which I really enjoyed. Since I was finishing up my final semester, I feel like the show fit perfectly with everything I was learning about business since the show is centered around business and creating your own start-up.

Games I Played
      
 
  1. Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Prologue
  2. House Flipper
  3. The Sims 2
  4. Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  5. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands (w/ Jordan)
  6. Assassin's Creed Unity
  7. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan (w/ Friends)
  8. Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Mummy
Surprisingly, I was able to play quite a few games in June, however, it was for a very short period of time. I'm hoping to play more games in July now that I have so much more free time to relax and have fun. I did try to install the game, Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Mummy, however, my Mac's Bootcamp makes the game unplayable, even though I think it's been broken for quite a while, which I'm sad about. Maybe if I try to play it on an older device it could work? We shall see!

Games I Purchased
 

The Steam summer sale is going on right now until July 8th, which means I also was able to get some new games. The first game that I got was Detroit: Become Human. Originally, I got this game for the PS4, but I decided to get it for my steam account as well. Another game that I got and returned was Du Lac and Fey: Dance of Death. However, I only played the game for an hour and decided to return it because it was not good. I've played a ton of point-and-click games throughout my life and that one was tedious and made me loose interest very quickly since you were thrown into the game with no explanation or backstory.

Another game that we got was the sequel to The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope. We just finished our play through of Man of Medan, which was enjoyable however we lost 2 of 5 characters (Brad and Conrad). I got Brad killed while Fliss somehow lived, Raenna killed Conrad, and I have no idea how Jordan was able to keep Alex and Julia alive. Now, we get to play different characters and hopefully we get all 5 people to the end alive!

Thank you all so much for reading! What did you do last month? Did you do anything fun? Let's discuss! Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment