Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Monthly Wrap-Up – May 2021


Happy June! I cannot believe May is already over, where did the month go? I honestly cannot believe it's already over. I've been super busy, in addition to school starting back up for me. My break felt very short-lived since I started my final semester for my bachelor's degree this summer. Now comes the fun choice of deciding whether or not to continue my education to achieve a Masters degree, which is terrifying to say the least. Besides that, there are quite a few things that have happened last month that I'd love to discuss!

Before I jump into my monthly wrap-up, I have some exciting news that I'd love to share. On May 10th, I joined Brigid Kemmerer's Cursebreaker Street Team! I've seen so many people joining bookish street teams over the last several years since I joined the book blogging community and I've always wanted to join one! Most of the time, however, I never fit the requirements to join any of them, in addition there was only a limited amount of space available and I wouldn't see them until it was after the deadline. On Brigid's Instagram page, she shared that anyone and everyone was allowed to join her street team whenever they want and that kind of gave me the courage to join and I'm so happy I had the opportunity!


Books I Finished
Six of Crows Book Cover
  1. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (5 Stars ⭐)
This month I was finally able to finish one book! I'm a very behind in my reading goal this year, but I hope I can catch up. Or depending on the situation and my mood, I might lower my reading goal to something more manageable in case something else comes up. I used to be really good at reading tons of books throughout the year, but the last 2-3 years have definitely been busy to say the least and exhaustion has made reading difficult, but I'm hoping to push through and make my original goal this year!

TV Shows I've Watched
    
  1. Shadow and Bone
  2. So I Married An Anti-Fan (K-Drama)
  3. Melting Me Softly (K-Drama)
  4. The King: Eternal Monarch (K-Drama)
  5. Run On (K-Drama)
I finished watching Shadow and Bone earlier this month and I absolutely loved it! I'm definitely going to write a Season 1 review of the show soon because 1: why not and 2: I have some thoughts I'd love to share when it came to the books vs. the show. This may have inspired a reread of the original Shadow and Bone books, now that I have all of the hardcovers, just so I can compare since I did notice some slight differences in the story to the TV Show. However, that'll happen when I have time and my TBR isn't glaring daggers at me to read them.

Also, last month I started to watch the K-Drama So I Married An Anti-Fan, however I only got the first 2 episodes free because the website that I was watching it on decided to place the show (and several others new releases that I really wanted to watch) on Standard with Free Episodes... That means only the first 2 episodes were free and the rest have to be paid for. I was not happy with the revelation so I guess I gotta wait to watch it later. Hopefully I can return to it soon I really liked it so far. Then, I decided to finish watching Melting Me Softly since I had only a few episodes left from when I started it back in April. Also, now that I have Netflix, I was able to watch The King: Eternal Monarch! I've wanted to watch that one for a while and I absolutely loved it though some parts were a little odd and confusing. Now, I've moved onto another k-drama called Run On.

Games I Played
   
   
 
  1. Dead by Daylight
  2. Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy
  3. Nancy Drew: The Phantom of Venice
  4. Assassin's Creed Unity
  5. Garden Paws (w/ Jordan)
  6. Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened - Remastered
  7. Murdered: Soul Suspect
For the first two weeks of May, I had so much free time, I tried to get to as many games as possible. However, as soon as it hit May 17th, everything fun related when out the window. School work is keeping me busy and when I do have free time, I've been spending it watching k-dramas. I did get lucky enough to play some new games like Murdered: Soul Suspect, which was super fun and I really enjoyed the story. However, I hate that this game only had X-Box controls available.  I had a PS4 controller connected and I wish they would have converted for that game. I can't memorize those button for anything. Let's just say I died in that game... a lot.

Blog Posts
Book Reviews
Kingdom of the Wicked Book Cover The Inheritance Games Book Cover
  1. Kingdom of the Wicked by Kerri Maniscalco
  2. The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Other
 
  1. WWW Wednesday #5
  2. Can't Wait Wednesday #20 ~ The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Thank you all so much for reading! What did you do last month? Did you read any fun books, watch any fun tv shows, or play some fun games? Let's discuss! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment