Tuesday, March 24, 2020

She's With Me by Jessica Cunsolo - Book Review

She’s With Me Book Cover
Happy Tuesday! Today, I’ll be reviewing She's With Me by Jessica Cunsolo. I saw this book over on Jessica's blog at Booked J. I really intrigued by the idea of the story and I knew that I needed to read it. Recently, I've been bouncing back and forth between contemporary/romance stories and fantasy, just to change it up a bit and this book did not disappoint.

About the Book:
Title: She's With Me
Author: Jessica Cunsolo
Release Date: January 7, 2020
Series: She's With Me #1
Genre: Romance
Pages: 328

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
A new town, a new love, another chance to stay alive.

Arriving in another new town, Amelia Collins vows to fit in and finish her senior year drama free. There can’t be any mistakes. Staying under the radar is what keeps Amelia one step ahead of the man who is trying to find and destroy her.

But when she’s befriended by a group of students who make her feel safe and loved, Amelia struggles to maintain her distance, especially when faced with her feelings for Aiden Parker, whose piercing gray eyes and strength weaken her resolve.

When Aiden’s ex-girlfriend threatens Amelia in ways that make her easy to find, she has to act quickly. Feeling crushed by her desire for a normal life and not wanting to leave her friends behind, Amelia has an impossible choice to make between survival or the chance at real love.

My Thoughts:
I loved this book! She’s With Me was a very different kind of romance story that immediately hooked me from the first page. It was a mixture of romance with a bit of suspense. It kept me on the edge of my seat as the author slowly revealed what led up to Amelia's current situation. I enjoyed the setting of the story and the plot was written really well. The story flowed seamlessly, easily transitioning from one scene to the next. The pace was perfect, it wasn't too fast or slow and I was able to keep up with the story and get lost within it's pages.

Amelia has had kind of a rough life after that one fateful night when her life drastically changed. After starting over, for what she hope is the final time, all Amelia wanted to do is get through her senior year of high school. However, she ran out of luck when she met Aiden and life became just a little more complicated with him and his group of friends coming into the picture.

I really like Amelia, she was a strong-willed girl who's been through so much. For most of the book, you were kind of in the dark on what had happened to her. It wasn't until halfway through, almost near the end you start to learn her backstory and what led to her current situation. I feel terrible for what had happened to Amelia and I'm hoping that she doesn't have to abandon her new life just to stay ahead of danger.

Aiden, the school's bad boy, was the biggest jerk when he was first introduced. Their meeting did not go as I expected, but I'm glad Amelia could put him in his place when she needed too. These two definitely butted heads a few times because of their strong personalities, but their chemistry was spot on and it was a very slow burn kind of romance. Honestly can't wait to see more of it! After they got to know each other, I defiantly was rooting for them to be together!

I loved Amelia's friends. They were extremely supportive of each other and cared for one another like they were one big family. This book does leave off on a cliffhanger, but I honestly can't wait to get my hands on the second book. Overall, I loved She's With Me and I can't wait to see what happens with Amelia, Aiden, and the rest of their friends!

If you’re interested in checking out Jessica’s pages, the links are below along with places you can get She's With Me.


Thank you all so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed my review/suggestion. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment