Friday, January 10, 2020

Paper Hearts by Ali Novak - Book Review

Paper Hearts Book Cover
Happy Friday. I hope you’re having lovely day. Today, I’ll be reviewing Paper Hearts by Ali Novak.  Its been two years since I read the first book in the series, The Heartbreakers, back in December 2017 and I decided that it was time finally pick up the second book in the series! I loved reading the first book and the second book was no disappointment.

About the Book:
Title: Paper Hearts
Author: Ali Novak
Release Date: July 4, 2017
Series: The Heartbreaker Chronicles #2
Genre: Romance
Pages: 400

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Felicity has her entire future planned. Ever since her older sister ran away, she's had the full weight of her mother's expectations on her shoulders. So she works hard to get straight As and save for college.

Except sometimes the best things in life are unplanned-like when Felicity meets a handsome, masked stranger while she is volunteering at a charity masquerade ball. She never thought he'd flirt with her. And she certainly never thought he'd turn out to be a member of the world-famous Heartbreakers band, Alec.

Then Felicity uncovers a shocking family secret. Suddenly, she, Alec, and her two best friends are off on a road trip to find Felicity's missing sister. And she's about to discover that unexpected turns have a peculiar way of landing her right where she needs to be...

My Thoughts:
I might have strayed from my TBR when I decided to pick up Paper Hearts sporadically back in early December, but it was definitely worth it! Paper Hearts is one of those books that once you pick it up, you can't put it down until the very end! I loved the adventure that Felicity was able to go on to find her sister. Throughout their adventure, the group had their ups and downs and they got to meet and make knew friends as well. After being missing for four years of her life, I was extremely curious to know what really happened between Rose and her mother for her to run away.

I really enjoyed getting to know Felicity.  She's a very down to earth girl who's smart, kind, and creative. I loved getting to see Alec again and see his relationship with Felicity bloom.  Alec is kind of a quiet guy, but once he gets comfortable and starts to open up and see what a wonderful guy he is.  I loved Felicity and Alec's relationship, it had so many sweet and slightly awkward moments, but I loved each and everyone of them. Overall, if you you like sweet contemporary romance stories, I definitely recommend picking up this book!

If you’re interested in checking out Ali’s pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you all so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed my review/suggestion. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment