Wednesday, January 1, 2020

My 2019 Reading Goal in Review


Today is the start of the New Year!  I can't believe it's actually 2020.  Where has the time gone!  I'm honestly shocked that so much time has flown by.  This year, my reading felt like it was all over the place.  In the beginning, I was reading so slowly that I honestly thought I wouldn't make it to my original intended goal of 40, which in late March, I lowered my goal down he 30.  Surprisingly, not only did I make my intended goal a month early, I was able to get in a few more books in before the year was up!  Let's jump in so you all can see the books I read this year in 2019!


2019 Reading Goal: 30 Books
New 2020 Reading Goal: 35 Books

Total Number Of Books Read: 33/30
Genre I Read The Most From: Fantasy
5/5 ⭐️ Ratings: 21
DNF'd Books: 2
eBooks Read: 32
Physical Books Read: 1


There were so many books that I read this year, here's a list of everything that I read!
  1. Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
  2. If I Fix You by Abigail Johnson
  3. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas 
  4. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
  5. A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
  6. Love Songs and Other Lies by Jessica Pennington
  7. The Disappearances by Emily Bain Murphy
  8. The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
  9. The Selection by Kiera Cass
  10. The Elite by Kiera Cass
  11. The One by Kiera Cass
  12. To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo
  13. An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson
  14. A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas
  15. A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
  16. Serious Moonlight by Jenn Bennett
  17. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
  18. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
  19. Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller
  20. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
  21. Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
  22. House of Salt and Sorrow by Erin A. Craig
  23. Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco
  24. Escaping From Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco
  25. Becoming the Dark Prince by Keri Maniscalco
  26. The Goddess Test by Aimée Carter
  27. The Goddess Hunt by Aimée Carter
  28. Capturing the Devil by Keri Maniscalco
  29. Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim
  30. Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glenn Marsh
  31. Paper Hearts by Ali Novak
  32. Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin
  33. Killing November by Adriana Mather

I'm honestly shocked by the amount of books I read this year!  In 2018 when I first started using a reading goal, I missed my goal of 30 books by 2 books.  This year, I somehow surpassed it by 3 books!  I'm super proud of myself by making sure I dedicated time to reading this year.  I might have ran into a few slumps throughout the year because of school and homework keeping me busy, but nonetheless I'm still proud!  Next year, I'm hoping to read a total of 36 books.  I'm not upping the goal by much, but I'm making it realistic in case I have any unforeseen reading slumps or getting busy.

Thank you all so much for reading!  Did you make it to your reading goal this year?  If so, how many books did you read and what's your new goal for 2020?  I'd love to know!  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment