Monday, January 6, 2020

My Top 5 Reads of 2019


Happy Monday!  I hope you're all having a lovely day.  Today, I wanted to share my top 5 books I read in 2019.  I read a ton of great books last year and I was honestly surprised to see that I loved a lot of the books I chose to read last year.  I feel like this year was the year of growth in my reading because I decided to try something new whether it was a new genre or retellings!  This was such a challenge because there were so many books that I loved reading last year!  So, somehow, I was able to narrow it down to my top 5.  Let's jump right in.

Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young

This was the first book I read at the beginning of 2019 and I loved it.  I was immediately captivated by the story and the characters.  I love the setting and really enjoyed reading about the journey the main character, Eelyn, had in this story.

Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

This year, I made it my goal to try new genres and that's exactly what I did!  Over the last few years (since fall 2016), I had seen several people talking about the Stalking Jack the Ripper series. This book was outside my normal reading, but I knew if I wanted to try new genres, then I needed to make this book a priority and I'm so glad I did!

A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer

During the summer, I picked up A Curse So Dark and Lonely after I heard so many wonderful things about this book!  I was immediately hooked to the story and I this book has convinced me to start reading more retellings!  I can't wait to read the A Heart So Fierce and Broken.

Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin

I picked up Serpent & Dove on December 13th and binge read the entire book until December 16th.  I loved this book so much!  I never knew what was going to happen next and each twist and turn captivated me until the very end. I honestly can't wait for the second book, Blood and Honey, to come out on September 1st (this is going to be a very long wait)!

Killing November by Adriana Mather

This was my final read of 2019 and I'm so glad that I saved this book for my final book of the year!  I've been looking for a book with spies/assassins for so long, I thought I would never find one.  When I saw Killing November, I knew I needed to pick it up!  I was immediately hooked for the story and I can't wait for the next book, Hunting November.

Thank you all so much for reading!  What was one (or more) of your favorite reads of 2019?  Have you read one of the books I listed above?  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment