Friday, January 4, 2019

My Year in Reading~ 2018 Wrap Up


Hello everyone! I hope you've all had a great New Year so far!  Today, I thought it would be fun to look back at 2018 and reflect on my year in reading.  Now, this year was a tough year in reading for me because of a constant on-and-off reading slump, but I tried to not let that stop me even if I did slack off a bit because of school and life in general.  Even though I didn't make my reading goal by 2 books, I'm still going to try to read more books this year, than I did last year.  So I'm going to try to push myself to read more this year with books that I want to read.  Anyways, let's look back, reflect, and look ahead towards my new goals!

~2018 Reading Goals/Stats~
2018 Reading Goal: 30
        Minimum/Median/Maximum Goals: 20, 30, & 40
Number Of Books Read: 28
Genre I Read The Most From: Young Adult Romance
10/10 ⭐️ Ratings: 13
Number of DNF: 9
eBooks Read: 26
Physical Books Read: 2
Top 3 Favorite Books of 2018:
  1. Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
  2. The Ghost of You and Me by Kelly Oram
  3. Nothing But Sky by Amy Trueblood

~2019 Reading Goals~
2019 New Reading Goal: 40
        Minimum/Median/Maximum Goals: 30, 40, & 50
1st Book I Want to Finish in 2019: Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
Books I Plan/Want to Read in 2019:
  • If I Fix You by Abigail Johnson
  • The Disappearances by Emily Bain Murphy
  • Haunting the Deep by Adrianna Mather
  • Sadie by Courtney Summers
  • To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo
  • Love Songs and Other Lies by Jessica Pennington (Don't Currently Own)

Even thought I didn't achieve my reading goal in 2018, I hope that in 2019 I'll be able to achieve my goal and maybe even shrink my TBR list along the way too (But we all know a TBR never shrinks)!

My goal for 2019 is to read more books, compared to last year, and for them to also be in several different genres that are not common for me to read.  Over the last year or two I've been reading a ton of young adult contemporary/romance books and I feel like I need to extend my reading and read different kinds of sub-genres in the Young Adult genre so I don't get into my reoccurring reading slump that I've faced more often than less.  This was probably one of my biggest reading slumps that I've ever had and for it to last so long and it being a constant on and off, I'm determined to squash it this year.

Many of you also probably noticed my Minimum/Median/Maximum Goal for my 2019 Reading Goal.  Well that's because I want to give myself some leeway when it comes to my goal.  I did the same thing last year too as you can see.  I did this in case I get busy and depending on whether my reading slump comes back with full force, on top of trying to focus on college and homework which is normally when I have little to no time to do what I want. I feel like if I make one goal, maybe I'll try harder to reach my second or third goal if I can achieve the first one.  However my main goal is to at least read 40 books this year.  I do have a book on my list that I don't currently own, but maybe this year I'll buy a copy of it, as a birthday gift to myself, but we'll see!

Thank you all for reading.  How many books did you read last year?  Did you make your 2018 reading goal?  What's your new 2019 reading goal that you hope to achieve this year?  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment