Friday, January 11, 2019

Fragile Facade by Sophie Davis - Book Review

Fragile Facade Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing Fragile Facade by Sophie Davis.  I got this book a while ago and it ended up being the last book I read in 2018 just before it was the New Year.  I had been looking forward to reading this book and I was super interested in reading another Sophie Davis book.  Let's jump right in.

About the Book:
Title: Fragile Facade
Author: Sophie Davis
Release Date: November 20, 2017
Series: The Blind Barriers #1
Genre: Mystery & Thriller
Pages: 272

My Rating: 4/5 ⭐️

Summary:
The Brightest Smiles Hide the Darkest Secrets....

When Raven Ferragamo finds a stranger’s diary, she has no idea it will catapult her into the mystery of diamond heiress Lark Kingsley’s disappearance.
But Raven soon learns that Lark knew what was coming, and there was much more to her disappearance than the news headlines show. The more she discovers, the more Raven realizes that she and the girl born into Manhattan society aren’t so different after all.

Now Raven can’t walk away from Lark’s pleas for help. But the deeper she goes, the more Raven realizes that she may end up ensnared in the dark secrets she seeks to unearth...

My Thoughts:
Overall this was an enjoyable book.  When I first started reading, I was really into the story and super excited to read it, but then my reading slump came back and the book took me a while to read.  I like the idea of the story, it was a mystery that made me wonder what really happened to Lark Kingsley, who just vanished into thin air.  There are two perspective you get to read from in the story, Raven and Lark.  The first part of the story was about Raven and who finds all of this information on Lark Kingsley, even though they've never met and Lark's journal just happened to fall strategically into Raven's lap.  I liked how the story played out on Raven's side with the mystery and intrigue with the clues that Lark left behind for Raven to solve.  She played the role of an amateur detective trying to piece together Lark's mysterious clues to figure out where she was and what happened to her.  When I read from Lark's perspective, I was left kind of confused.  The book insinuated that Lark was kidnapped, but her perspective was very vague and left in the air, which kind of left me wondering what was going on.  Since this book is a trilogy, it ends on a cliffhanger that I did like, which made me curious to what happens next.

If you're interested in checking out their pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you all so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment