Friday, June 15, 2018

Embrace by Jessica Shirvington - Book Review

Embrace Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing Embrace by Jessica Shirvington.  I got this book back in early January and this was technically supposed to be the second finished book on My 2018 Reading Goal, but I had put it off to the side to finished reading later.  I realized that during my reading goal this year I needed to go back and read any book that I've started but have yet to finish. I thought it would be great idea, so I picked up this book and start reading again, and I was glad I had.

About the Book:
Title: Embrace
Author: Jessica Shirvington
Release Date: September 1, 2012
Series: Embrace #1
Genre: Romance
Pages: 400

My Rating: 4.5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
It starts with a whisper: "It's time for you to know who you are..."

On her 17th birthday, everything will change for Violet Eden. The boy she loves will betray her. Her enemy will save her. She will have to decide just how much she's willing to sacrifice.

A centuries old war between fallen angels and the protectors of humanity chooses a new fighter. It's a battle Violet doesn't want, but she lives her life by two rules: don't run and don't quit. If angels seek vengeance and humans are the warriors, you could do a lot worse than betting on Violet Eden.

LINCOLN: He's been Violet's one anchor, her running partner and kickboxing trainer. Only he never told her he's Grigori-part human, part angel-and that he was training her for an ancient battle between Angels and Exiles.

PHOENIX: No one knows where his loyalties lie, yet he's the only one there to pick up the pieces and protect her after Lincoln's lies. In a world of dark and light, he is all shades of gray.

Two sides: Angel or Exile.
Two guys: Lincoln or Phoenix.
The wrong choice could cost not only her life, but her eternity...

My Thoughts:
I really liked this book.  I thought that Violet was a very strong and likable character.  She knew when to pick her battles and when everything was too much for her to handle, which would lead to her fight or flight response, she would escape to think everything through.  Lincoln, Violet's partner angel and friend, was a very likable guy.  Even though he had lied to Violent, I felt bad for him.  He never told Violet anything because not only was he sworn to secrecy, he knew that once she knew, she would not take it well.  I felt bad for him because she was furious with him for most of the story and treated him terrible until something happened, which made Violet feel terrible for what she had done.  Another character that I really liked and was furious with at the same time was Phoenix, he was the kind of guy that I was suspicious of because he was an Exile.  He was very sweet guy and really cared for Violet, but when Lincoln made a comment about how Exiles should never be trusted, I was always weary of him.  The story at first was slightly slow, but as soon as it hit one of the major events that happened, it took off and was fast paced with action, adventure and romance.  However, one thing that I didn't care for was how her friend, Steph, continued to make religious like comments in a way that was meant to be an appropriate way to swear after she had found out Violet was an angel.  Personally, I think the book could have done without the religious swearing.  Besides that, I do suggest this book, it kept me interested and intrigued until the very end.

If you're interested in checking out Jessica's pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you all so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment