Friday, December 8, 2017

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White - Book Review

Paranormalcy Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. Near the end of October, I found this book in iBooks for a really great deal and I automatically snatched it up when I could. I had my eye on this book for a while, but kind of forgot about it underneath my TBR pile until I found it again and started reading immediately.  Let jump right in with my review.

About the Book:
Title: Paranormalcy
Author: Kiersten White
Release Date: August 31, 2010
Series: Paranormalcy #1
Genre: Paranormal
Pages: 368

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.

But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.

My Thoughts:
I loved this story. It was such a cute paranormal story that I couldn't put it down. One thing that I liked most out of this story was the humor. There were several little things that the author had done in the story, like the common vampire joke about how almost all vampires are named Vlad and other small jokes that poked fun at the paranormal, which I loved. There were so many paranormal characters that were included in the book. I thought it was great that it didn’t just include the common paranormal creatures that you normally see in some books, but several different kinds of characters that made the story and interactions interesting.

Evie was an amazing character. Even though she acts like a complete girly-girl, she can still fight and defend herself without any kind of problem. Also, her attachment to her pink rhinestone Taser called Tasey was a nice touch. It fitted her personality perfectly. Lend was a great character too. He was slightly overconfident, he had a good sense of humor, was a shape shifter, and was a good friend to Evie when they would hang out. Since Evie had been with IPCA her whole life, I feel like Lend was able to give her somewhat of a normal teenage life, which was something that she had craved to have after being in IPCA for so long. One turn that the story took was when all of the paranormals started to suddenly turn up dead by someone’s hand. I liked the intrigue and mystery part of that in the storyline that made me wonder what was going on, who was killing the paranormals, and made me questions everything that IPCA was doing. If you’re a fan of paranormal romance and urban fantasy, I definitely suggest reading this story.

If you're interested in checking out her pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you all so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment