Friday, November 24, 2017

Cheyenne by Lisa L. Wiedmeier - Book Review

Cheyenne Book Cover
How’s it going everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve posted on here. Today, I’ll be reviewing Cheyenne by Lisa L. Wiedmeier.  I've had this book for a long while and I finally got around to reading it just recently back in early November.  I tried starting the book when I first found it about two years ago, but I forgot about it overtime until I found it on Amazon's Best Seller's List.  So, I snatched it right up again and started reading the one book I was determined to finish it this time.

About the Book:
Title: Cheyenne
Author: Lisa L. Wiedmeier
Release Date: July 15 19, 2011
Series: A Timeless Series Novel #1
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 310

My Rating: 2/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Murder, romance, secrets and hidden pasts. Deception from every angle—who's telling the truth? Cheyenne Wilson's life is thrown into turmoil after her adoptive parents are killed in an accident. With only her best friend Colt to comfort her, she scours through the family archives, hoping to quell her grief. Instead she begins to unravel the mystery behind her birth parents, and her secret heritage. She is a Timeless- a being that ages one year for every hundred human years when they reach their twenties- and of the royal line, destined to gain great power. But Cheyenne has other problems. The ones who killed her parents want her too, and Colt is hiding something of his own. Surrounded by danger and with few she can trust, Cheyenne must face the dark truth of her past, and choose between a forbidden love that will forever hold her heart, or her destiny...

My Thoughts:
I don't know where to start...  When I first started reading this book a long time ago, I was super intrigued and wanted to read more of this book so badly.  But as time went on, when I picked the book back up again and got past what I had originally read the first time, my opinion started to change.  Now, normally, I always hate it when books get close to the end, but this one kind of made me wonder if it was ever going to end.  I feel like the story had a lot of filler information that was separate from the main storyline that kept getting dragged out.  It lacked the detail of the main storyline and kept the reader in the dark for a majority of the book, which made me confused.  I believe the story had a ton of potential, but it felt like it was dragged out during certain scenes and it started to make me slightly bored, since it was long and slightly repetitive.  One thing that seemed like a broken record player in the story was the main characters: Callon, Colt, and Daniel telling Cheyenne, "you need to trust us" or "we'll protect you and make sure you're safe".  In addition, they never told Cheyenne anything and didn't answer any of her questions, leaving her completely in the dark until certain parts in the story forced them to tell her small pieces of info that she needed to know.  I feel like the less information that Cheyenne was given, as a reader, it was hard to understand what was happening in the story and if I was ever going to find out what was going on in the story itself.  I was pretty much left in the dark throughout the entire story.  I had so many questions that went unanswered too.  It wasn't until the very last chapter of the story, when the author threw some more small pieces of information at me and at that point, it made me wonder why I was being told this now instead of way earlier in the book.  Don't get me wrong, I liked the idea of the story.  But I feel like it was lacking not only in information for the story to advance in greater detail and keep in line with a good pace, but it was dragged out way too long, which made it hard to want to keep reading the story.

Another thing that I didn't care for in the story was the love triangle.  Now normally, I never ever complain about love triangles in stories because they're normally written pretty well, in my opinion, but this one...  Let's just say was very… weird.  The main character, Cheyenne has feeling for two guys, Callon and Colt.  Originally, she’s head-over-heels for Colt, but after she’s taken to safety, she begins developing feelings for both of them.  Now, what's odd about this confusing love triangle is the fact that they are both very open about their feelings towards Cheyenne.  Both guys even know that they have feelings for the same girl and they don't try and hide it from each other.  Cheyenne flipped back and forth between her feelings for both guys as well, which made me question, why?  Some of her feelings are mainly directed towards Colt, while sometimes when she's alone with Callon she starts to fall for him.  There were times when she would question why she would ever like Callon when she has someone like Colt, but when she was with Callon, it was like Colt was just a friend to her, nothing more.

One thing that I did like was the idea of being Timeless and how once you were a certain age, you would age much slower than the average human being, you could heal easily, and you have some kind of powers.  Sadly, I really wish I could have liked this book, but just I couldn't get into it like I had hoped I would.

If you're interested in checking out the book yourself to see what you think, the links are down below.

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Amazon | iBooks | Nook

Thank you guys so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment