Saturday, December 30, 2017

'Tis the Season Book Tag ft. Jordan: My Flourishing Retrospect



How’s it going everyone. I hope you’re all having a fantastic day!  Today, I’ll be doing the ‘Tis The Season Book Tag, with a twist!  I will be doing this post with my twin sister, Jordan, who blogs over at My Flourishing Retrospect.  Now, we’ve always wanted to do some kind of post together and even though we planned on doing this a long time ago, it never came together.  But luckily this time we were finally able to sit down and do something that we could do for our blogs, one that’s more themed for my blog one that is more themed for her blog.  Originally, this was supposed to go out on Christmas, but things ended up getting in the way.  Luckily, we had time now and even though December is almost over, it's better late than never!  Now, let’s jump right in and answer some Q’s.

1. Do you have a favorite winter read?
Daniella:  That’s tricky.  I technically don’t have a favorite winter read, but whenever it’s the holidays, I love curling up with a new young adult contemporary/romance book.  I'm always in search for new stories to read every year.

Jordan:  I don't have anything specific for a favorite winter read.  I'd have to say anything winter themed.  So, if it’s snowing or if it refers to Christmas, then it would be a must read for this time of season and for the genre it would be either a young adult romance or a historical romance.


2. Find a book with blue on the cover!
Daniella: There are several books that I've read that have blue on the cover. If I had to choose one, then I would choose The Trouble with Flying by Rochelle Morgan. This was a sweet romance story that takes place during Christmas so I knew this would be the perfect choice!
  

Jordan:  I’ve haven’t ready that many books that have blue on the cover, but one book that I would like to read that has blue on the cover would be The Selection by Kiera Cass.


3. Pick one place that would be perfect for a winter vacation!
Daniella:  Okay, I tweeked this question because I could not think of a fictional place for a perfect winter vacation, so instead we're going to choose a real place for a winter vacation!  The place that I think would be perfect for a winter vacation would be Germany.  I want to go and explore the castles there and I know it would be super fun to explore everything!

Jordan:  One place that would be perfect for a winter vacation would be Finland.  I would love to visit Finland because of all the snow and the northern lights that you can see during that time of year.


4. Pick one fictional character you’d take with you on your winter vacation!
Daniella:  One fictional character that I would take with me on my winter vacation would have to be Cade from P.S. I Like You by Kasie West.  If I could, I would definitely take one of the fictional characters from my own books, but since I don't want to say their names or the books that they are from just yet, I'm going with Cade.

Jordan:  I think I would have to go with Tucker Andreu from the Anon series by Diamond McKinney.  Tucker is one of those characters that seems super fun to go on a winter vacation with.


5. Name one book on your wish list this year!
Daniella:  That's tricky, some of the books that I want to read are currently preorder only and don't come out until next year.  I guess if I had to choose, I would say The First to Know by Abigail Johnson.  Another book blogger just recently was raving about this book and after reading the description and a sample of the story, I'm super interested to read this book.

Jordan:  Normally, I don't have a wish list for most of the books that I read.  A lot of the books that I are usually free or on sale, but one book that I do want to read would be the book I chose for question 2, The Selection by Kiera Cass.


6. Favorite holiday drink, treat, & movie?
Daniella:  My 'favorite' holiday drink would have to be Hot Chocolate, but most of the time and all year around I always drink coffee.  My favorite holiday treat would be Snickerdoodles, which I definitely need to make here soon.  Lastly, my favorite holiday movie is Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer that came out in 1964.

Jordan:  I'd have to agree with Daniella, Hot Chocolate wins as my favorite holiday drink. My favorite treat would have to be either chocolate cake or sugar cookies.  Both of these treats sound so good right now.  Finally, my favorite holiday movie would also have to be the same as Daniella, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.  I guess great minds do think alike.



And that’s it for this tag. Thank you all so much for reading! This was such a fun tag to do with Jordan and hopefully in the close to near future, we can do some more of these kinds of conjoined posts.

If you’re interested and want to read another post, on Jordan’s blog we did a different kind of tag that we made up called, Winter Wonderland Gaming Tag!  Also, at about 12pm, Arizona time, I will also have a new book review up as well, Did I Mention I Love You? by Estelle Maskame.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment