Friday, September 1, 2017

Play with Me by Anna Katmore - Book Review

Play with Me Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing Play with Me by Anna Katmore.  I got this book back in April, but sadly I don’t remember how I found this book.  Anyways, I thought this was a really cute story when I read it and it’s only taken me now to finally write a review on it.  So, let’s jump right in.

About the Book:
Title: Play with Me
Author: Anna Katmore
Release Date: December 16, 2012
Series: Grover Beach Team #1
Genre: Contemporary
Pages: 238

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Ryan Hunter’s parties are legend. And tonight she’s going to be there.

Lisa Matthews has been in love with her best friend since kindergarten. They’re close as can be, they’ve even slept in each other’s bed. But they’ve never kissed. Weeks away from her seventeenth birthday, Lisa hopes that soon things will change between them. But when Tony comes home after summer soccer camp, his mind is focused on someone else. And worse, that new girl is a soccer player.

Fighting for her love, Lisa gets carried away and makes a stupid decision: Without the least bit of talent or any passion for the sport whatsoever, she goes for the co-ed soccer team.

The tryouts are hell, the first match ends bloody, and the morning after the selection party she wakes up in the worst place possible—in the arms of the captain of the soccer team. The hottest guy in school. Ryan Hunter.

My Thoughts:
I loved this book.  Lisa is a very likeable character.  She’s smart, a little daring, and has always tried to impress the one guy who she’s liked for a long time, Tony.  Tony was a very good friend to Lisa.  He was nice, kind, considerate and would do everything to make Lisa happy.  Even though Tony never thought of Lisa in any other way besides a friend, I felt bad when things didn’t go well for her.  When Lisa tries to impress Tony by joining the soccer team and works hard to get his attention, things change very quickly between the two.  When Ryan and Lisa started to grow closer in the story, I was really happy.  I thought Ryan was a nice guy, even though he did kind of picked on her a little bit, but he really did care for Lisa.  He would do anything to make Lisa happy.

Since Tony wasn’t getting Lisa’s subtle hints, I thought Ryan was the perfect guy for her to be with in the story.  When Tony tells Lisa the truth, I felt really bad for Lisa.  Tony literally took Lisa’s heart that she handed to him on a silver platter, snapped it in two and handed it back to her.  I was happy that Ryan was able to make her happy again, even though Tony felt terrible about telling her the truth.  With all of the confusion that Lisa felt around the end of the story, learning not one but two truths with Tony and Ryan, this story was a roller coaster full of emotions for Lisa.  I was happy that overtime she was able to overcome what happened between all three of them and forgive them.  I really liked how the story ended, I thought it ended perfectly and it had the happy end that I though Lisa deserved.  I definitely suggest reading this book.

If you're interested in getting this book, the links are down below.  Sadly, I can't find this author's website or any social media pages.

Amazon | iBooks | Nook

Thank you all so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment