Friday, October 7, 2016

Dark Promise by Julia Crane and Talia Jager - Book Review

Dark Promise Book Cover
How’s it going everyone!  Today I’ll be reviewing Dark Promise by Julia Crane and Talia Jager.  I'd seen this book several times in iBooks and I finally got around to reading it.  Now I have a funny story that I have to include in my brief introduction for the book.

When I was looking for Talia Jager's links that are down below, back in August on her Facebook page, I was smiling from ear to ear.  The last thing she had mentioned was who the main character, Rylie, resembles.  She said she resembles Clare Bowen and for many of you that don't know, I'm a huge Nashville fan and I can say that's really, really cool!  Now when I go to read the other books in this series, I will only be able to hear and imagine Clare Bowen as Scarlett O’Connor.  But enough about me talking about Nashville, let's get back to my suggestion.

About the Book:
Title: Dark Promise
Author: Julia Crane and Talia Jager
Release Date: July 29, 2012
Series: Between Worlds #1
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 242

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Rylie has it all - great friends, dream boy, loving family. But on the eve of her sixteenth birthday, her perfect little world shatters. A stranger claiming to be her real mother appears with a secret: Rylie is a faery whose powers will be unleashed on her birthday. Captured and forced into a new life, Rylie struggles to keep everything she loves and discovers a terrifying truth: some promises cannot be broken.

My Thoughts:
I really like this book.  Rylie is one of those characters that I think many people can relate to when things go a certain way.  She had one of those relatable moments when a certain situation happens and you ask yourself, “why did this have to happen to me?”  The characters and story were created really well.  The two characters, Kallan and Rylie, had the strangest relationship and I thought it was refreshing.  Normally some of the main characters already have feelings for each other and they’re introduced early on in the story.  Even though Kallan, who’s a dark faery, isn’t introduced into the story until midway through, I thought it was a good change of pace for the characters having a new love interest not until later, or half-way into the story.  You were able to get a better understanding of Rylie, who she is as a person, and her life; rather than a character focusing on her relationship and bigger problems that were yet to come.  This is a really good read, I really enjoyed reading it and hopefully you guys think so too.  You definitely need to go and check it out for yourself, you will not be disappointed.

If you’re interested in checking out Julia and Talia’s pages, the links are below along with places you can get the Dark Promise.

Julia Crane's Pages 

Talia Jager's Pages

Thanks for reading everyone, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment