Friday, October 14, 2016

Dangerous by Alycia Linwood - Book Review

Dangerous Book Cover
How’s it going everyone!  Today, I’ll be reviewing Dangerous by Alycia Linwood.  I remember finding this book in the “Readers Also Bought” section on iBooks.  It was just after I finished reading BlackMoon Beginnings, and I was hooked from the very first page.  It had a Avatar: The Last Airbender feel to it because of the character’s powers, which really reeled me in.

About the Book:
Title: Dangerous
Author: Alycia Linwood
Release Date: August 6, 2011
Series:  Element Preservers #1
Genre: Romance
Pages: 330
Age:  For Mature Teens

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Eighteen-year-old Ria, a fire elemental and privileged student at the University of Magic, thinks nothing can get in the way of her happiness. Even when she falls for Michael, a boy whose element is different from hers, she is determined to make their forbidden romance work.

But when she starts experiencing the symptoms of magic disease that could rob her of her element, turn her into a cold-blooded killer, and shatter her life, all of her beliefs are put to the test. The only one who might be able to help her is Adrian, a mysterious, charming, and dangerous magic disease carrier, who also happens to be her least favorite person in the world.

My Thoughts:
When I read the sample of the book, I was hooked just like that.  It grabbed my interest on the very first page and I couldn’t put it down.  The characters were amazing and the world they lived it would be extremely cool to live in, except for the magic disease part.  I don't think anyone would want that.  One part in the book that kept me on the edge of my seat was where Ria is with her brother, the scene the author created resembled something that reminded me of secret agents or spies.  I love things that involve spies or being super sneaky, the scene was one of my favorites in this book.

Also the elements part that was written in the story reminded me of Avatar: the Last Airbender, like I said in my introduction for the review.  I know some people know what I’m taking about because they could manipulate fire, water, earth, or air, one of these elements.  It would be so cool if those powers existed in reality.  This was an amazing book, I definitely suggest checking it out if any of the things I talked about interested you because I’m sure you will not want to put this book down once you pick it up.

If you’re interested in checking out Alycia’s pages, the links are below along with places you can get the Dangerous.


Thanks for reading everyone, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment