Monday, March 7, 2022

Monthly Wrap-Up – February 2022


Happy March! With spring right around the corner, I'm definitely looking forward to the warmer weather and all of the upcoming books being released as we get farther into the year. As much as it's nice to have a change in the Arizona weather and get some cooler/colder temperatures, I'm looking forward to some nice spring temperatures because I'm not a fan of the cold. But with another month closed, it's time for my February wrap-up! Let's jump right in!

Books I've Finished

  1. Winter, White and Wicked by Shannon Dittermore (3 Stars ⭐)
In February, I got through only one book. I wish it was more, but I was extremely busy. After taking way too long to read it, I finally finished Winter, White and Wicked. Sadly, I was kind of disappointed with this book. It sounded so good, but it just fell flat for me. I'm not going to get into too much detail right now on the why's, but I'll probably do that later with my review. I really wish I could have included Bound by Firelight by Dana Swift in this list, but I ended up finishing it on the first day of March, so I will definitely be including it in next month's wrap up instead!

TV Shows I've Watched
 
  1. Abyss (K-Drama)
  2. Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung (K-Drama)
I'm gonna try to keep my k-drama talk brief, but I finally finished the final episode of Abyss and I really enjoyed it! It was definitely a happy ending that I enjoyed, even if the outcome of it was kind of random. Then I dove into another k-drama that I've been slowly making my way through called Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung on Netflix. It was very different than the last few shows that I've watched and it was little hard to get into because of the comedic effects that were slightly cringy, but I'm actually enjoying having a nice light show to watch, compared to high and tense dramas that I'd previously watched.

Games I've Played
      
   
  1. Garden Paws (w/ Jordan)
  2. Dead by Daylight
  3. Cluedo (w/ Jordan)
  4. The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
  5. Nemezis Mysterious Journey III (w/ Jordan)
  6. Stardew Valley
  7. Sherlock Holmes Chapter One (w/ Jordan)
  8. Nancy Drew: The Shattered Medallion (Streamed on Twitch @DJTwinGamers)
  9. Crown and Pawns: Kingdom of Deceit (Demo)
  10. Nancy Drew: The Haunted Carousel (Streamed on Twitch @DJTwinGamers)
I got to play a ton of games last month! Besides playing a little bit of Garden Paws, Nemezis, Cluedo, and Sherlock Holmes Chapter One, I've probably play Stardew Valley the most. Recently, Jordan and I started experimenting with mods! When it comes to the Stardew Valley mods, I'm comparing it to The Sims custom content (CC) because they're addictive as heck and they have also been equally destructive to my game making it lag because I've added in probably way too many and some may or may not be broken or conflict with one another...

Besides some smaller mods for cops and graphic aesthetics, Jordan and I put in new storyline mods: Stardew Valley Expanded, Ridgeside Village, East Scarpe, and Always Raining in the Valley. Honestly, seeing the whole map look different, the new locations being added, and used was the most fun. I had grown so accustom to the original game locations, minimal town characters, and pretty much everything about the game. I was so familiar with everything, I wasn't interested in playing compared to when I got the game back in November 2017. However, I'm addicted and Jordan and I are hoping to stream some more of our Nancy Drew themed Stardew Valley map on Twitch! So make sure you're following our Twitch (@DJTwinGamers) to see when we go live for our Stardew Valley Wednesdays!

Blog Posts
Other Posts:
  1. Can't Wait Wednesday #27 – Kingdom of the Feared by Kerri Maniscalco
  2. Can't Wait Wednesday #28 – These Twisted Bonds by Lexi Ryan
Thank you all so much for reading! What did you do in February? Did you read any fantastic books? Play any fun games? Let's chat! Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment