Friday, October 4, 2019

The Waffle Book Tag


Happy Friday everyone!  I hope you're all having a lovely day.  Today, I'm doing the Waffle Book Tag. There have been so many new bookish themed tags that I've been finding recently, especially breakfast themed ones!  I saw this tag over on Kat's blog, Novels & Waffles, and its been one that I've been super exited to answer!

The Rules
  • Link back to the original creator, Kat @ Novels & Waffles
  • Feel free to use any of the waffle graphics in this post, just make sure to credit Kat (pretty pretty please with lots of maple syrup on top)
  • Tag as many people as you want (or don’t want) to. No pressure here, folks

A total classic would have to be The Hidden Staircase by Carolyn Keene!  When I was younger, after Jordan and I discovered the Nancy Drew video games were loosely based on the books, Jordan and I decided to start reading the series.  At our elementary school library, Jordan was able to grab one of the last copies of The Secret of the Old Clock, while I started the second book first.


I'd have to say P.S. I Like You by Kasie West, this was such a cute and wholesome story.  This was the first book I read of hers and I'm looking forward to reading more of her books!


I know most bibliophiles might say Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, or some other book series would be their most nostalgic book series that they read when they were younger...  Mine would have to be The Sisters Grimm series by Michael Buckley, hands down.  This series was the reason for why I wanted to be a writer and it was the first book series that I actually enjoyed reading when I was in elementary school.


I love Thomas Cresswell.  He's quirky and a little weird, but I find the effort that he puts into his and Audrey Rose's relationship super sweet and adorable.


This one was kind of tough, but I think The Ghost of You and Me by Kelly Oram.  This was definitely a book that was both a mixture of sad, but also happy.  Minor spoiler for this book if you've never heard of it before, but whenever a book has ghosts walking into heaven and they see "the light", you will most likely find me with a box of tissues crying my eyes out.


One book that's a bit different wold have to be the Clockwise series by Elle (Lee) Strauss.  I love books about time travel.  The main character travels back and forth from present time to the Civil War era, which I found extremely interesting and super fun to read.


The one series that I've stuck with until the end that I really enjoyed was A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas.  This is a recent and new favorite series of mine and I still can't believe that I hesitated to start this series, (not really because waiting for each book to come out if I had started when ACOTAR first came out would have been horrible).

My iPad
This might seem like I'm copying Kat's answer, but I'm not, I swear.  99.9% of my book are eBooks, whether they're from iBooks or Kindle and I always read on my iPad.  I basically carry it around with me as long as I'm at home.  Whenever I get the chance to I can sit down and read.


Thank you all so much for reading!  If you're interested in doing this super fun tag, then consider yourself tagged.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment