Friday, June 14, 2019

My Summer Reading List


Happy Summer everyone!  I hope you're all having a lovely day.  Today, I thought it would be fun to share my summer reading list that I hope to accomplish this summer.  Even though it isn't officially summer until June 21st, but I thought it would be fun to share a few of the books that I hope to finish reading before my fall classes start.  I'm going to have my reading split into two sections, one for eBooks and one for the physical books that I own.  For this list, I don't have a theme, besides trying to get through as many backlogged books as I can so they might not be "summer read" worthy, but we'll roll with it!  Let's jump right in.

First, I'm going to be showing off the eBooks that I have and hope to finish this summer.  Frankly, I've been slacking on my reading recently and the first two eBooks that are on this list (Shadow and Bone & An Enchantment of Ravens) are definitely going to be the first two I jump into since they've been pushed to the side for too long.  Within the last month I had gotten Just for Clicks, which I'm looking forward to reading, so I'm hoping to get to it soon.  The next three books on this list I've had for a little bit (Vassa in the Night, Stalking Jack the Ripper, & Sadie), which are books that I've been wanting to read for a while, but just haven't had the urge to pick them up yet, but hopefully this summer, things will change.  The last book listed below (A Curse So Dark and Lonely), was a surprise addition to my TBR because I didn't expect to get this book, but because it was on sale, I'm now adding it to my list, which I'm about more than halfway through the book so far.


Next in line are my physical books!

The first book (The Deceivers) I ended up winning back in February from TorTeen during one of their Twitter contests.  I ended up receiving an ARC copy of the book and I'm excited to jump into that one soon too.  The second book in the entire list (Haunting the Deep) was the second gift that I had gotten for Christmas last year.  I loved the first book and I'm excited to jump right into the second book in this series.  The final book (Uncharted) is a book that I ended up purchasing in early June.  Its been on my TBR for a while when I had seen it at Barnes and Noble back during Christmas time last year.  I had originally decided to hold off on getting the book, but when I saw the book was at a really good price for the hardcover, I caved and purchased the book, which I'm absolutely looking forward to diving into.


And those are some of the books that I hope to read and finish this summer!  Looking at the list, that's a lot of books!  I might not read all of them because I'm a slow reader and time because of summer classes and other things that I know will keep me busy.  But I'm going to be hopefully and try to read all of them if I can!  The only question is... will I actually stick to this list?  (The answer is probably not likely, but I guess that's the fun of planning your TBR in advance!)

Thank you all so much for reading.  How many books do you plan on reading this summer?  Are there any books in particular that you're interested in reading?  Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. I try to read about two books a week, so about 26 books during the entire summer? I have so many books I want to read already that I used a random number generator to pick my TBR. Happy summer reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lot of books! I wish I could dedicate that much time to reading books during the summer. Happy summer reading Brooke!

      Delete