Friday, February 1, 2019

Planning Out My TBR #1~ My Bookish Thoughts #2


How's it going everyone!  I hope you're all having a lovely day.  Today, I though it would be fun to share my current and future TBR.  Now, I've been thinking long and hard about my TBR recently because last year I didn't accomplish my reading goal.  I sadly missed my goal my two books, which I was slightly disappointed in, but it couldn't be helped because over the last year I believe (August 2017 - December 2018), I've been in a constant on and off reading slump.  My only explanation for why I've had this slump is two reasons: College being the draining soul sucker that it is and my slight laziness not wanting to read because I wasn't finding the right books to read.  This year, however, it's going to be different!  I was hoping for this post to go out in January, but it got bumped back to February since classes were more hectic than I originally thought they would be during the first few weeks.  Anyways, let's look at my future TBR.

I am mindful of one little problem that affects my reading, besides time.  I'm a mood reader.  So, I've come up with a solution to this minor set back.  I have my own excel sheet that I created last year to help keep track of all of the books that I've read and I'm going to read.  This list is most likely subject to change later down the line, but here is what it currently looks like.

Currently Reading
  1. The Fairy-Tale Detectives by Michael Buckley (Re-Read)
  2. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  3. Love Songs & Other Lies by Jessica Pennington
Future TBR
  1. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
  2. The Disappearances by Emily Bain Murphy
  3. To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo
  4. Sadie by Courtney Summers
  5. Haunting the Deep by Adriana Mather
  6. If I'd Known by Rebecca Donovan
  7. Curveball by Jordan Ford
  8. Spelled by Betsy Schow
  9. Serenade by Heather McKenzie
  10. The Boyfriend Plot by Stella Wilkinson
  11. The Violets of March by Sarah Jio
  12. The Viking's Chosen by Quinn Loftis
  13. The Replacement Crush by Lisa Brown Roberts
  14. Wolves and Roses by Christina Bauer
  15. The Faerie Prince by Rachel Morgan
  16. Violet Grenade by Victoria Scott
  17. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  18. Heart of Mine by Lindsay Bergman
I currently have 3 books that I'm reading right now with 18 that I want to read in the future.  I've already finished reading two books so far this year that were on my list: Sky in the Deep and If I Fix You.  A majority of them are most likely going to be reviewed, but a few might not be reviewed unless I change my mind.

Hopefully, I'll be able to stick to my TBR of 40 books this year.  Even though I didn't make it to 30 last year, I'm going to work harder at shrinking my TBR in half  this year.  At least until I get more books and make my list even bigger than it currently is and do the opposite of shrinking it (Which I seem to already be doing).  If I'm predicting this correctly, I should be trying to read at least 3-4 books a month to make my goal, but only time will tell if I can keep up with that schedule.

Thank you all for reading!  I hope you enjoyed getting a sneak peak at my currently reading and Future TBR.  Are any of the books on your TBR or have you read them already?  Is there a book that you think I should make a priority to read next after I finish my current book?  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment