Friday, June 10, 2016

Like Clockwork by Lee Strauss - Book Review

Like Clockwork Book Cover
How's it going everyone!  I hope you're doing well.  Today, I’ll to be reviewing Like Clockwork by Lee Strauss.  Now normally I wasn’t going to do books that were involved in a series because I didn’t want to bombard everyone with the same book series over and over again, but this is the exception.  Like Clockwork is a companion novel that can be read alone without even reading Clockwise.

About the Book:
Title: Like Clockwork
Author: Lee Strauss
Release Date: March 31, 2014
Series: The Clockwork Series #3
Genre: Sci-Fi
Pages: 220

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Adeline Savoy had hoped that the move west from Cambridge to Hollywood with her single dad would mean they'd finally bond like a real family, but all she got was a father too busy with his new female friends and his passion for acting to really see her.

Instead she finds herself getting attached to Faye, the divorcee hair dresser she befriends when she travels back in time to 1955. Plus Faye has a hottie, James Dean-esque, bad-boy brother who has Adeline's heart all aflutter. But bad boys from the past can be dangerous.

Is it possible that Adeline really does belong in her own time and that maybe the right boy lives as close as next door?

My Thoughts:
Honestly, I loved the first Clockwise story and when I heard this was a companion novel, I was kind of weary reading a companion novel that can stand-alone.  I normally don’t read those kinds because it takes away from the main storyline when the focus is on different characters.  But I decided to say ‘what they heck’ and read the book anyways and I loved it.  I knew who the character, Adeline, was because Strauss had brought her into the first book, hinting that this character was going to be in later books, which I found really cool.  I would 100% suggest reading this book because it can explain who some of the characters are when you go to read book five, if of course you have read books 1 and 2.  I loved the character interaction, the mix of time travel, and the little bit of young adult romance, which always fits my taste in reading.

If you're interested in checking out her pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


And if you haven’t read my previous review on Clockwise.  Clockwise was my second post on this blog so it might look a little different, but mainly the same.

Thank you guys so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion and I will see you guys next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment