Friday, June 17, 2016

Beautiful Demons by Sarra Cannon - Book Review

Beautiful Demons Book Cover
How's it going everyone! Today, I’ll be reviewing Beautiful Demons by Sarra Cannon.  When I found this book, it didn’t capture my interest, at first.  Now, for people who have read it, don’t get mad.  I thought it was about vampires and werewolves, and it is not typically the kind of stories I read.  Until one day, I took the time to read the description.  To my surprise, I was extremely wrong.  It involved witchcraft, and I love books that involve magic and witches!  So of course, I knew I had to read it.  This also taught me a very important lesson about judging a book before I read the description and a sample of the story.  Anyways, lets jump right into my suggestion.

About the Book:
Title: Beautiful Demons
Author: Sarra Cannon
Release Date: October 24, 2013
Series: The Shadow Demons Saga #1
Genre: Paranormal
Pages: 181

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Harper Madison isn't like other girls. She has extraordinary powers, but her inability to control them has gotten her kicked from so many foster homes she's lost count. Shadowford Home for Girls is her last chance, and she hopes Peachville High will be the fresh start she needs.

At first, life appears to be looking up for Harper. She's making new friends and is strangely drawn to the guy next door. But when evidence ties her to the gruesome murder of a Demons cheerleader, Harper discovers this small town has a big secret.

My Thoughts:
When looking at the first book, I noticed that the first three books were free and in a bundle pack!  Yes, I said the first three books are for free in a bundle pack.  I read the first three books within almost a week, maybe shorter, and was already buying the fourth book.  This series kept me enthralled, wanting to know what was going to happen next with all of the details strung together so well.

Several times, I almost forgot I was reading.  It felt like I was Harper, experiencing everything through her eyes, making the hard choices throughout her journey.  The story flowed very well and I never got lost.  Intermingling magic into the story by creating a background for the town and the people who lived there, everyone seemed suspicious, like they were hiding a very deep and dark secret that no one knew about.  Everyone is the town was oblivious to the fact that something more was happening than the normal eye can see.

I admired Harper’s actions to keep her distance and be extremely cautious of everything and everyone around her because of these little secrets that everyone kept from her.  It made her a very strong leading character and she had normal quirks that lots of people have today, like paranoia and curiosity.  I’m really glad I read this story and hopefully you guys like it too.

If you’re interested in checking out Sarra’s pages, the links are below along with places you can get the Beautiful Demons.


And for now, thank you so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  So until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment