Saturday, May 21, 2016

Marking Time by April White - Book Review

Marking Time Book Cover
How's it going everyone!  I hope you're having a great day.  Sorry for not posting this sooner, but hopefully during the summer I can get out several more posts than I have in the past three months.  Today I’m going to be reviewing April White’s, Marking Time from the Immortal Descendants series.  At the end of February, I was searching for new books to read in the iBook’s store and this one, in the Young Adult Free Series Starter, stood out to me the most.  As soon as I read the description I instantly knew that I would be hooked on this book.  If you follow me on Twitter, I mentioned that I had read this book and loved it.

About the Book:
Title: Marking Time
Author: April White
Release Date: November 5, 2012
Series: The Immortal Descendants #1
Genre: Historical
Pages: 438

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Seventeen-year-old tagger Saira Elian can handle anything … a mother who mysteriously disappears, a stranger who stalks her around London, and even the noble English grandmother who kicked Saira and her mother out of the family. But when an old graffiti tag in a Tube station transports Saira to the nineteenth century and she comes face-to-face with Jack the Ripper, she realizes she needs help after all.

Saira meets Archer, a charming student who helps her blend in as much as a tall, modern American teen can in Victorian England. He reveals the existence of the Immortals: Time, Nature, Fate, War, and Death, and explains to Saira that it is possible to move between centuries – if you are a Descendant of Time.

Saira finds unexpected friendships at a boarding school for Immortal Descendants and a complicated love with a young man from the past. But time is running out for her mother, and to save her, Saira must embrace her new identity as she hides from Archer a devastating secret about his future that may cost him his life.

My Thoughts:
This book was amazing!  The character interactions were great, the story was written extremely well, with all of the twists and turns as April White connected fiction with some history about Victorian England.  There were times when I would read a character’s dialogue and I could hear their voice so clearly in my mind, making this a book I could not put down.  I believe this book is 100% worth reading.  I have always been fascinated with time travel, because there are times when I wonder, could you change the past if you had the ability to change it?  Besides the main character, Saira, being one of my favorites, I loved Ringo.  His actions throughout the whole story always leave me grinning, every time he did something for Saira.  His personality was extremely strong and well created.  Whenever Saira was in trouble, he was always willing to help no matter what the costs.

If you're interested in checking out April's pages, the links are below along with places you can get the Marking Time.

For now, thank you guys so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion and I will see you guys next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment