Monday, April 25, 2016

The Syndicate by Sophie Davis - Book Review

The Syndicate Book Cover
How's it going everyone!  I hope you're all having an amazing day.  Today, I’ll be reviewing The Syndicate by Sophie Davis.  Now, I know I said I was going to do a different book, but I changed my mind and decided that I wanted to do this book first and The Keatyn Chronicles: Stalk Me book later.

Since I already was a Sophie Davis fan, I pre-ordered this book instantly since I almost bought it in November before they extended the release date.  Besides, who doesn’t like people from the future traveling back into the past to the 1920s era?  Hopefully I’m not the only.

About the Book:
Title: The Syndicate
Author: Sophie Davis
Release Date: March 1, 2016
Series: Timewaves #1
Genre: Sci-Fi
Pages: 642

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
In a future where time travel has been outlawed, a black market exists for anyone with the money, connections, and nerve to request items from days past. As a Runner for one of the underground syndicates that now controls the timewaves, Stassi 2446-89 has seen it all: the fall of Rome, the rise of Hitler, the end of democracy, the establishment of time tourism, and the devastating consequences of it. Her job is to seamlessly slip through the past, in search of items of value to the syndicate's clientele.

Stassi's next assignment takes her to Paris in the 1920’s, in search of a lost manuscript by one of the twentieth century’s greatest writers. She and her partner, Gaige, are swept up in the City of Light during the height of fashion and culture—as alluring a locale as they’ve ever visited. But a seedier side of life lurks beneath the glamorous façade, and the pair quickly learns this run is more dangerous than any of their previous missions.

Because history isn’t playing out as it should be—a first for the syndicate. When the stakes are raised and it becomes a matter of life or death, Stassi and Gaige must ultimately decide how far they’re willing to go to ensure the future as they know it.

My Thoughts:
I had read a sample of this book after I pre-ordered it and I literally fell in love with this book on the first “virtual” page.  I love the characters Stassi and Gaige.  Their constant banter with each other made the character extremely real and fun to read.  I loved how the author was able to play with the idea of the story making you think one way, but then totally take you in a 180 turn and still keep you engaged within the story, without making the reader confused.

Also, I had a sneaking suspicion about one of the characters, but that was my own fault making me believe that that character was evil because one of the characters in my own book has the same name and was my main villain.

This book takes you on a fun, and awesome adventure.  There was one thing that happened at the end of this book that I couldn’t stop laughing at.  The end of the book reminded me of my own story and I thought it was perfect on how they ended the book.  They were able to make me say, “I can’t wait for the next book to come out,” making me wonder what was in store for Stassi in the next book.

If you're interested in checking out their pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


For now, thank you guys so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion and I will see you guys next time.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that the characters were every well written. The Sophie Davis duo is amazing at writing characters and developing plot. I'm glad you enjoyed the book!

    Have a lovely day!

    Xx Sincerely,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna. I completely agree the Sophie Davis duo write their characters and develop their plots really well. Its probably why I can't put their books down once I pick them up.

      Daniella

      Delete