Sunday, March 20, 2016

Talented by Sophie Davis - Book Review

Talented Book Cover
How's it going everyone! Today, I'm going to be reviewing Talented by Sophie Davis. I know it's been a while since I have posted a book review, but if you read my “About Me” page, I explain there that there will get to be a point where I'll be very busy, not post, and kind of disappear from blogging temporarily.  Anyways, with that all said and done, how about I start the next book review.

This book was actually suggested by my twin, Jordan at My Flourishing Retrospect.  She was looking at books and suggested that I try this one out because it looked similar to one of my own that I am currently writing.  As always, I will put the links down in the description if you are interested in reading this book after reading this review.

About the Book:
Title: Talented
Author: Sophie Davis
Release Date: January 26, 2012
Series: Talented Saga #1
Genre: Sci-Fi
Pages: 353

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Block out thoughts.
Talia Lyons has one goal at the McDonough School for the Talented: learn to use her Talent as a Mental Manipulator to kill the man who murdered her parents.

Block out pain.
She'll deal with anything. The brutal physical demands. The emotional toll. Whatever it takes to reach her objective.

Block out friendship.
With only one year left in the program, though, seventeen-year-old Talia is suddenly finding it harder than ever to ignore the rest of her life.

Block out love.
Even worse, she can't seem to turn off her psychic connection to her first love...or quit thinking about her fascinating new teammate.

Feel only vengeance.
Ian Crane. The man who destroyed Talia's life. The one she's determined to eradicate.

Now focus.
It's time to kill.

My Thoughts:
This book was my favorite series ever.  (But I’m probably going to say that about every book I have ever read).  The characters are so life like that I almost forgot I was reading a book.  There were times when I would start reading and all I would see is a movie going in my head.  I would literally be reading for hours and not even realize how much time had passed.  Talia has one of those personalities that is very easy to relate to, as well as the other characters that she interacts with.  One of the main things I like about Talia is the fact that she is willing to speak her mind, even though she can read the thoughts of others.  Sophie Davis did an amazing job with this book.  The ups and downs of the story and the climax made my eyes widen in shock and my mouth drop to the floor several times.

I didn’t want to put the book down until the very last page.  The characters in the story had a strong background.  It had so much detail I could envision everything that was happening, her surroundings, and her emotions.  Throughout the entire story, I almost felt as if I was Talia, which is another reason why I loved this book.

If you’re interested in checking out Sohpie’s pages, the links are below along with places you can get the Talented.



For now, thank you guys so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion and I will see you guys next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment