Thursday, November 4, 2021

Monthly Wrap-Up – October 2021


Happy November! We're in the home stretch! Only two more months to go until 2021 is complete, then 2022 will be right around the corner, which means that I have another monthly wrap up to share!  This month was definitely busy, way more than I originally believed, but I was able to spend my time doing quite a few things that I enjoyed. I was able to attempt to try some new things too. Overall, it was definitely an eventful month!

Books I Finished
Lakesedge Book Cover Kingdom of the Cursed Book Cover
  1. Lakesedge by Lyndall Clipstone (4 Stars ⭐)
  2. Kingdom of the Cursed by Kerri Maniscalco (5 Stars ⭐)
Sadly, I was only able to get through two books this month. I'm cutting it kind of close for my reading goal this year and I wish I could pick up the pace of my reading speed. I need to read 3 more books in order to make my own personal reading goal and I'm so close! There are so many books that I want to read before 2021 is over. I would love to read so many more, especially the ones that I've bought but are currently collecting dust on my TBR, but I guess if I can't get to them this year, there is always next year!

Bookstagram Readathon~ #LiteraryWitches2021
Lakesedge Book Cover Kingdom of the Cursed Book Cover

This month, I attempted my first ever readathon! I'm going to write a more in-depth post about it later, but I thought it would be fun to discuss it a little bit here. Like I mentioned above, I was only able to read 2 books... I did not plan accordingly and whenever I tried to sit down to read, there were a lot of interruptions for multiple things, in addition to being tired and not having the energy to read. I'm glad I was able to get to Lakesedge and Kingdom of the Cursed, they were both really really good (especially Kingdom of the Cursed and what it brought to the table!)

TV Shows I've Watched
  
  1. I Picked Up a Celebrity On the Street (K-Drama)
  2. Merlin
I didn't watch too much TV, but I did watch one k-drama and maybe 2 episodes of a BBC show that was available on Netflix called Merlin, which was a show that I watched when I was younger. That show definitely brings back memories. First, I watched I Picked Up a Celebrity On the Street, which is probably one of the weirdest/cringiest k-drama's I've ever watched. I enjoyed it, but not as much as I would have hoped.

Games I Played
   
      
  1. Nancy Drew: The Secret of Shadow Ranch (Streamed on Twitch @DJTwinGamers)
  2. Dead by Daylight 
  3. Assassin's Creed Odyssey (w/ Raenna)
  4. Nancy Drew: Curse of Blackmoor Manor (Streamed on Twitch @DJTwinGamers)
  5. Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  6. Syberia: The World Before – Prologue
  7. Alter Ego (2010)
  8. Stardew Valley (w/ Jordan & Raenna)
  9. The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
  10. The Sims 4
Besides streaming some Nancy Drew games on Jordan and my shared twitch page, I played some Assassin's Creed and Dead by Daylight.  Interestingly enough, I came across the Syberia Prologue again and since it had steam achievements, I ended up replaying it for the second time.  I also played an older game called Alter Ego and finished it, which surprisingly was made by the same company who created the original Black Mirror games (which I highly recommend by the way if you like old point-and-click pc adventure games).

Finally, Jordan, Raenna, and I all decided to jump into our multiplayer map that we had started and begin creating our own farm again! Stardew Valley is one of my favorite games that you can literally spend hours playing (kind of like The Sims) and not even realize how much time has flown by. Also, I saw the new game that ConcernedApe is creating called Haunted Chocolatier and I'm so excited for that game. It looks like so much fun!

Also, I decided to go back into The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. Besides my game being slightly broken for strange reason, I was inspired to go back and play by Raven over on Instagram (@booktalkwithrae) who was doing the 100 baby challenge, which inspired me to go back and play around with the Sims living in Pleasantview. I love how this play through it going, the family tree's I'm making, and the scandals that would come along with these storylines if they were books instead of a video game. I also went down the Sims 4 rabbit hole and started getting some custom content for hair and clothing to play around. I'm hesitant to download too many of them because I play on a Mac and I don't want to crash my computer. However, when it comes to the Sims 4, I've never liked how the Sims 4 works when it comes to gameplay. I love and prefer to jump around to multiple households without my sims aging up or dying when I'm not attending to them.

Blog Posts
Book Reviews:
The Beautiful Book Cover
  1. The Beautiful by Renée Ahdieh
Other Posts:
  1. The Literary Witches Readathon - Reading Progress
Thank you all so much for reading.  What did you do in October? Was there any books, shows, or games you enjoyed last month? Let's chat! Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment