Thursday, April 1, 2021

Monthly Wrap-Up – March 2021

Happy April! This year has definitely been a lot nicer when it comes to balancing school, reading, and gaming. However, I have let my blogging slack a little bit this month. After getting my school work done, I've enjoyed relaxing with either a game or reading my books! But I'm hoping to catch up in April since I'll have more time! Last month, I was able to read some really good books, play/re-play some fun games, and write a few fun posts! Let's jump right in with my March Monthly Wrap-Up!

Books I Finished

 Fable Book Cover Cast in Firelight Book Cover

  1. Crown of Coral and Pearl: The Zadie Chapter by Mara Rutherford (5 Stars ⭐) "Not Reviewing"
  2. Fable by Adrienne Young (5 Stars ⭐)
  3. Cast in Firelight by Dana Swift (5 Stars ⭐)
This year, I've been making sure I prevent myself from diving head first into a reading slump by taking my time reading. This month, I was able to read 3 books (technically I shouldn't count The Zadie Chapter as a whole book since it's only a couple of pages, but I'm going to anyways!).  This year, I've really enjoyed reading for enjoyment instead of reading just to write review. I will probably never go back to accepting review requests because there is honestly too much pressure. I haven't done a book review for an author since 2018 (I know it's been a long time!) and I like being able to read at my own pace and review books later when I have the time. This blog is my hobby and I want to be able to enjoy what I do, without it being a chore.

Games I Played

      

  1. Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  2. Nancy Drew: Legend of the Crystal Skull
  3. Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy
  4. Sherlock Holmes - Nemisis
  5. Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
  6. The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
  7. Sherlock Holmes Versus Jack the Ripper
For some of you who may be wondering why I'm listings The Sims 2 instead of The Sims 4, I was able to use one of my old devices and install The Sims 2 through Origin! At first, I thought it might not work, but since my device was just old enough to run the game, it works (besides Sim's shadows, I have to use cheats to get those black boxes to disappear). In 2014, when the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection was still available, Jordan and I made sure we got our copy since we had purchased 2 of The Sims 2 expansion packs through Origins. It's been so much fun going back to play the game again! It brings back so many fond memories and I'm completely addicted to the game.

Blog Posts 
Book Reviews:

Kingdom of Sea and Stone Book Cover

  1. Kingdom of Sea and Stone by Mara Rutherford

Other Posts:

  1. My Thoughts on Netflix's Shadow and Bone Teaser Trailer

Thank you all so much for reading! What did you do in March? Did you read any good books or play any fun games?  Let me know in the comments, I'd love to chat about them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment