Wednesday, March 3, 2021

My Thoughts on Netflix's Shadow and Bone Teaser Trailer


Hello friends! Today, I have a different kind of post that I was super excited to write. It all has to do with the book to TV adaptation of Shadow and Bone! Have you seen the new Netflix trailer yet? On February 26th, they released the teaser trailer and I thought it would be fun to share my thoughts on it and my newfound excitement for the show!

Before I discuss the trailer, when the news for Shadow and Bone was first announced, I wasn't sure if I was going to watch it. With the little bit of information that was published about this new series, I was unsure on whether or not I would like it because of the whole book to TV/Movie adaption issues that have the potential to make or break a series (especially if it's a series that you loved reading). Lots of time has passed since then and there is so much more information that's been released since then! After I watched the teaser trailer, I am definitely going to give this show a chance! If you haven't seen the trailer yet, I've linked it down below for you watch it!

Shadow and Bone Teaser Trailer

During Summer 2019, I read the entire Shadow and Bone trilogy since it had announced that the show was currently in production in January 2019. I was expanding the type books that I wanted to read and I decided to pick up my eBook copy of Shadow and Bone. Now, I've read the first three books in the series and I absolutely loved them all. However, I haven't read the Six of Crows or King of Scars duology yet, so I'm considering starting both books this year! By the time you're reading this post, my new books for the boxed set of Six of Crows and King of Scars will have already arrived on Sunday!

After watching this teaser, I'm ecstatic! Even though the trailer only showcased a tiny bit of what the show is going to look like, so far, I think they did the books justice. The trailer resembled the books in a way that would definitely make current and new fans of the Grishaverse extremely happy! The cast look fantastic in their roles and all of them fit perfectly! The atmosphere of the trailer completely captured the mood of the story and it completely resembled the mood of the books. I'm excited to see how else they brought Ravka to life!


In addition, the Shadow Fold looks absolutely terrifying, more so than I had even imagined! I put the Shadow and Bone poster in for reference and just looking at it and the amount of detail of this dark abyss, just like the books, makes it look amazing. I'm excited to see how the rest of the world in this TV series looks. I'm hoping it looks even better than I had imagined! Overall, I'm completely impresses and I cannot wait for Shadow and Bone to be released on April 23rd.

Thank you all so much for reading!  Let me know what you thought of the trailer? Are you excited for Netflix's Shadow and Bone? Have you read the Shadow and Bone trilogy, Six of Crows, or King of Scars duology? If so, what did you think of them? Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment