Friday, October 6, 2017

This or That Book Tag


How's it going everyone!  I hope you’re all having a lovely day.  Today, I'm going to do the This or That Book Tag!  After snooping around on some other lovely book blogger's blogs, I came across this tag and thought it would be another great tag that I could do for the blog.  I found this tag on Kaytlyn's blog, who blog's over on The BohemianBookworm.  I loved this book tag and I thought that I would be something super fun to do.  And the fact that I am now completely out of back-up books to review on the blog after almost two years of constantly posting book reviews every Friday.  With school, reading has been pushed to the back burner in addition to a reading-slump, but I’m trying to start reading again.  I’m just doing it very slowly.  Anyways, let's get started and answer some questions!


1.  Reading on the couch or in bed?
This one is so tricky!  I always read sitting on the couch and in bed, depending on what time it is, but I guess I would have to say on the couch.  My bed is nice and all, but when I'm in bed reading, I immediately want to go to sleep afterwards since trying to stay awake will start to be a struggle.  If I'm on the couch, then I'll have more time to sit and read, especially since I'd be able to fight the urge of wanting to fall asleep.

2. Male main characters or female main character?
Female main character, all the way.  I can read both male and female point of views in stories when it comes from a multi-POV, but whenever I'm reading a story with one main character, I always prefer to read from a female perspective because I like envisioning myself as the main character as I go through the story.

3. Sweet snacks or salty snack when reading?
Why do I do this to myself...?  Most of the time I don't normally eat when I'm reading, but I would have to say I'd eat a sweet snack.  Since I normally read at night I might grab a desert when I sit down to read.  Sometimes if I read during the day, then I might drink a cup of coffee in the evening.

4.  Trilogies or quartets?
Sadly, I don't really have a preference.  But if I had to go with one, I guess I would have to say trilogies.

5. First Person Point of View or Third Person Point of View?
This question is probably the easiest for me to answer out of all the questions.  First Person Point of View, without a doubt.  This one also goes back into the main character question, I like being able to read a story as if I'm the main character going through the motions throughout the story, instead of reading a story from an outside perspective.  I think it gives me a more personal connection with the character in the story.  But I guess that's also because I like writing stories in first person as well.

6.  Reading at Night or in the Morning?
I prefer reading at night.  As a fellow night owl, when its silent and quiet throughout the house, I seem to be more focused on the story that I'm reading.  It makes it easy to see the book that I'm reading almost playing out like a movie in my head.

7. Libraries or bookstores?
I guess I would have to say bookstores, even though I don't normally go to bookstores or libraries...  I like looking at brand new books and being able to see all of the new releases that they have in stores.

8.  Books that make you laugh or make you cry?
Books that make me laugh, without a doubt.  I have read both books that will make me laugh and cry.   But it's so much easier to read a book and laugh and to be able to stop laughing, than it is to to read a book and cry, especially when its hard to stop crying.  I don't like crying, especially when it makes my allergies feel almost ten times worse.


9.  Black Book Covers or White Book Covers?
Another question that I don't really have a preference for... Depending on the story, if the book cover fits, then that's all that matters to me.  But if I had to choose, I guess I'd have to say white book covers.

10.  Character Driven or Plot Driven Stories?
Now, as much as I want to say both, being a writer and all, I would have say plot driven stories.  If the story doesn't have a plot, it makes the story almost boring.  Sure character driven stories are great when it comes to contemporary or romance stories, and I have read both, but depending on what I'm reading, I like a reason why or a goal towards the story itself.


Bonus Question: Coffee or Tea?
Okay, this is an extra question that I wanted to add, I did see it on a different version of this kind of post and I wanted to answer.  Coffee, of course, will always win.  Whenever it’s four in the afternoon, a good cup of coffee and a good book is what I would call a perfect afternoon.
Thank you all so much for reading this post!  Do you like seeing posts like this on The Little Book Spy?  Should I do more posts like this in the future?  Also, I don't tag others in these posts because not only is it an older kind of post, but also in case anyone has done it before I don't want to retag them.  If you want to go ahead and do this tag, by all means go for it!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment