Thursday, February 25, 2016

Anon. by Diamond McKinney - Book Review

Anon. Book Cover
How's it going everyone!  Welcome to my very first official book review.  Today, I'll be reviewing Anon by Diamond McKinney.  My twin, Jordan, actually first discovered Diamond on her YouTube channel and we both became huge Anon fans, her YouTube name is diamonddx.  Once Jordan found out about Diamond publishing her own book, a few years ago for the Anon sims character's, we knew that if it was anything like the show, then we were going to love the books.  Let's jump right in with my review.

About the Book:
Title: Anon
Author: Diamond McKinney
Release Date: February 5, 2013
Series: Anon #1
Genre: Contemporary
Pages: 398

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Seventeen year old Chelsea Clark is just like every other girl at Hazelbrooke High School. She's smart, funny, witty and charming but there's one little problem. No one knows these things about Chelsea except for her blog readers. You see, Chelsea isn't exactly the Prom Queen or captain of the cheer leading team. In fact, she's just as relevant as the ten year old stale gum on the bottom of her desk. Well, at least that's what she thinks of herself.

Join Chelsea as she blogs through three and a half weeks of torn friendships, betrayal, love interests and crumbling relationships.

My Thoughts:
Out of all of the books I’ve read, besides this being my first stop on my book reading spree.  This is one of the most engaging, head spinning, mouth dropping stories about a girl’s teenage crushes, the life of a high school nobody who shares her ups and downs of her life, and the blog that started it all.  Chelsea is a very shy girl and even though she runs into a few bumps in the road along the way, time can only tell if she'll make the right choices.  Kyle was the popular guy in Chelsea's school and the boy of every girls dreams.  Kyle is supper kind, nice, and everything a girl could want in a guy.  Tucker is the exact opposite of Kyle.  He's the bad boy, who Chelsea originally writes off as some rich punk that she doesn't want anything to do with, that is until they get to know each other better.  One thing that I liked about each chapter was how it was written like an actual blog post/journal entry.  Throughout the story, Chelsea talks about the chaos in her everyday life and some of the crazy that she experiences and not only did it put a real life effect into the story, but it also shows that not everything in life is perfect and can go according to plan.  This book kept me begging for more, and hopefully someday Chelsea finally finds the happy ending that she deserves, which I guess I'll have to keep reading to find out.  If you like teen drama about love, love-triangles, and crazy life antics, then I definitely suggest reading Anon.

If you're interested in checking out Diamond's pages, the links are below along with places you can get the Anon.

Thank you guys so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion and I will see you guys next time.

2 comments:

  1. This is a fun sim series. I love the characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. My favorite character out of everyone is Dani.

      Delete